• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Top ten super dupers movies

90 posts in this topic

I never understood people who did not like/get the Nolan Batvoice thing. That came from the Batman TaS. Conroy used two very distinct voices for Bruce Wayne and Batman. Makes complete sense. I mean Bruce Wayne is like one of the most well known people in the country. If he walks into the police department and says Ok Jim whats the problem, the first response will be, Bruce? Bale, as awesome an actor as he is, is not a voice actor so he uses the gravely bat voice to try and do two distinct voices. Granted by the time TDKR comes around basically everyone knows who Batman is. So yea could they have redubbed batman's lines with a second voice, sure but whatever. In accordance, American voice talent, Jim Feldman offered, "Kevin Conroy really hits it out of the park. He definitely gives the impression that Bruce Wayne and Batman are 2 different people... and it doesn't even sound forced."

Please do not compare Batman: TAS to any of the Nolan movies. I really liked Batman Begins, but IMHO Batman: TAS is the best screen presentation of the character EVER.

This boggles my mind.

Those cartoons are unwatchable and Dark Knight is impossibly good.

Seriously, Luke Skywalker vs. Heath Ledger?

Hamill was better IMO

That's just...insane.

Mark Hamill is a sub-average actor, at best. He is the worst thing in Star Wars, and there's a reason his career went nowhere except Z-list movies and voice work for kid's cartoons--he's a hack.

Heath Ledger was a talent on par with Brando and DeNiro.

His performance in Dark Knight is one of the most amazing pieces of art in the history of mankind.

The look on his face at the end of the movie when he realizes neither boat will destroy the other is worth 1000 times more than Hamill's entire career.

I remain,

Stunned

This, my friends, is why our little hobby is so mocked. lol

1. Batman Begins

2. The Dark Knight

3. Man of Steel

4. Thor

5. The Dark Knight Rises

6. X-men 2

7. Avengers

8 Iron man

9. Spider-man 2

10. X-men First Class

Hard to argue with that list. I might shuffle the numbers around a bit, but you have very similar taste in SH movies.

I never understood people who did not like/get the Nolan Batvoice thing. That came from the Batman TaS. Conroy used two very distinct voices for Bruce Wayne and Batman. Makes complete sense. I mean Bruce Wayne is like one of the most well known people in the country. If he walks into the police department and says Ok Jim whats the problem, the first response will be, Bruce? Bale, as awesome an actor as he is, is not a voice actor so he uses the gravely bat voice to try and do two distinct voices. Granted by the time TDKR comes around basically everyone knows who Batman is. So yea could they have redubbed batman's lines with a second voice, sure but whatever. In accordance, American voice talent, Jim Feldman offered, "Kevin Conroy really hits it out of the park. He definitely gives the impression that Bruce Wayne and Batman are 2 different people... and it doesn't even sound forced."

Please do not compare Batman: TAS to any of the Nolan movies. I really liked Batman Begins, but IMHO Batman: TAS is the best screen presentation of the character EVER.

This boggles my mind.

Hamill was better IMO

That's just...insane.

Mark Hamill is a sub-average actor, at best. He is the worst thing in Star Wars, and there's a reason his career went nowhere except Z-list movies and voice work for kid's cartoons--he's a hack.

Heath Ledger was a talent on par with Brando and DeNiro.

His performance in Dark Knight is one of the most amazing pieces of art in the history of mankind.

The look on his face at the end of the movie when he realizes neither boat will destroy the other is worth 1000 times more than Hamill's entire career.

I remain,

Stunned

This, my friends, is why our little hobby is so mocked. lol

You couldn't be more wrong.

Our hobby is mocked because "adult" comic collectors champion Batman comics, Batman cartoons, and actors like Mark Hamill.

People outside of the hobby obviously agreed with what I'm saying.

Ledger won an Oscar and his portrayal of the Joker and is on every top ten movie villain list in existence.

Mark Hamill...not so much.

This boggles my mind.

Hamill was better IMO

Hamill played the Joker. Ledger played a character calling himself the Joker that had little to nothing to do with the character.

It's pretty obvious from reading that other dude's posts he doesn't really like "Batman", he just likes the movie version. Nothing wrong with that really (shrug)

What makes you think I don't like "Batman?"

I think that the character is fantastic when done right.

Nolan's movies do the character better than any other incarnation by a landslide.

I like Adams' Batman and the 4 issues Mazzucchelli did. The rest of the comics are mostly drek.

The character called Batman portrayed in the Nolan movies ( aside from quite a bit of the first one in tone ) is not really the one portrayed in the comics. If the movie version is more preferable to you, than I have to logically assume you're not a fan of the comic book character.

Same with the Joker. Ledger was a good actor ( though you putting him on the same level as De Niro or Brando is nothing but hyperbole ), and he created an interesting character...but it was not The Joker.

This is similar to people in other threads saying they finally got Superman "right". Really?

Maybe we have a different definition of what it means to get it "right."

For me, it's making it as good as possible.

For you, it seems to be more about adhering to comic books.

But how do you decide what the "right" interpretation is when both Batman and the Joker have been written in wildly disparate ways throughout their 70+ years in comics?

And I'm very curious to hear you elaborate your reasons for contending that Ledger's Joker was somehow not the "real" Joker. I've never heard that claimed before.

Thank god a decent amount of you are now including Man of Steel in your top 10.

I dont think I can have a civil conversation anymore with anyone who doesn't think MOS isn't the best Superman movie of all time.

Movie was freakin EPIC!

:screwy:

Couldn't even be bothered to type a single word, huh?

What exactly did you think you were contributing when you posted the "screwy" smilie?

Posts like yours add nothing.

If I was a better person, I probably would have explained this in a friendlier way, but don't let my shortcomings prevent you from thinking about my message.

pull my finger

I dont think I can have a civil conversation anymore with anyone who doesn't think MOS isn't the best Superman movie of all time.

Movie was freakin EPIC!

You made the m oron list. ^^

(tsk) name calling is bad, mmmmmmmm k?

If you truly thought I was insulting you by posting that emoticon, I'm sorry. But you have been around long enough to know that you shouldn't take it that way.

Your blantant name calling is, however, pretty insulting.

1. The Dark Knight

2. Iron Man

3. Man of Steel boooo yeah

4. Avengers

5. Spider-man 2

6. Batman (1989)

7. Batman Begins

8 Spider-man

9. Dark Knight Rises

10. Superman II

Even though these did not make my top ten I still enjoyed owning them on blu ray and watching them:

Captain America (would def be 11)

Thor

Watchmen

Daredevil (yes I love this movie, what want to fight about it? :baiting: )

Iron Man 2 and 3 (dont hate IM 2 like most do, still enjoyable to watch once per year)

Side Notes: I think Superman I is now totally unwatchable in my eyes anymore, and part 2 is going lower and lower each year. While most of you think X-men 2 and First Class should be on most people's top ten I just never liked them enough to watch over and over again. Hugh Jackman as Wolverine killed that franchise of movies for me long ago.

Movie was freakin EPIC!

If you truly thought I was insulting you by posting that emoticon, I'm sorry. But you have been around long enough to know that you shouldn't take it that way.

I wasn't insulted.

If you are one of those people who live with the back in day 30+ year ago logic that Superman 1 or 2 even compares to this movie.........then yes I will go on insulting. (shrug)

1. The Dark Knight

2. Iron Man

3. Man of Steel boooo yeah

4. Avengers

5. Spider-man 2

6. Batman (1989)

7. Batman Begins

8 Spider-man

9. Dark Knight Rises

10. Superman II

Even though these did not make my top ten I still enjoyed owning them on blu ray and watching them:

Captain America (would def be 11)

Thor

Watchmen

Daredevil (yes I love this movie, what want to fight about it? :baiting: )

Iron Man 2 and 3 (dont hate IM 2 like most do, still enjoyable to watch once per year)

Side Notes: I think Superman I is now totally unwatchable in my eyes anymore, and part 2 is going lower and lower each year. While most of you think X-men 2 and First Class should be on most people's top ten I just never liked them enough to watch over and over again. Hugh Jackman as Wolverine killed that franchise of movies for me long ago.

:D

Also, re: Ugh Jackman - totally agree.

:ohnoez:

-slym

Movie was freakin EPIC!

I wasn't insulted.

If you are one of those people who live with the back in day 30+ year ago logic that Superman 1 or 2 even compares to this movie.........then yes I will go on insulting. (shrug)

So your opinion is right and mine is wrong? I gave you the screwy face cause you called Man of Steel epic, not because you thought it was better than previous installments.

How old are you? Just curious as it might be a generation thing. I'm near 40 and I still think the early installments are better.

This boggles my mind.

Hamill was better IMO

Hamill played the Joker. Ledger played a character calling himself the Joker that had little to nothing to do with the character.

It's pretty obvious from reading that other dude's posts he doesn't really like "Batman", he just likes the movie version. Nothing wrong with that really (shrug)

Nolan's movies do the character better than any other incarnation by a landslide.

I like Adams' Batman and the 4 issues Mazzucchelli did. The rest of the comics are mostly drek.

The character called Batman portrayed in the Nolan movies ( aside from quite a bit of the first one in tone ) is not really the one portrayed in the comics. If the movie version is more preferable to you, than I have to logically assume you're not a fan of the comic book character.

Same with the Joker. Ledger was a good actor ( though you putting him on the same level as De Niro or Brando is nothing but hyperbole ), and he created an interesting character...but it was not The Joker.

This is similar to people in other threads saying they finally got Superman "right". Really?

But how do you decide what the "right" interpretation is when both Batman and the Joker have been written in wildly disparate ways throughout their 70+ years in comics?

And I'm very curious to hear you elaborate your reasons for contending that Ledger's Joker was somehow not the "real" Joker. I've never heard that claimed before.

I definitely think we have a different definition of what it means to get it "right", there's no maybe about it.

Show me in the comics where the character Ledger portrayed is.

I'm not ashamed to want the characters I like portrayed on the screen as accurately as possible.

All I question is how much can the "who cares" group really like the characters in the first place.

Movie was freakin EPIC!

I wasn't insulted.

So your opinion is right and mine is wrong? I gave you the screwy face cause you called Man of Steel epic, not because you thought it was better than previous installments.

How old are you? Just curious as it might be a generation thing. I'm near 40 and I still think the early installments are better.

MOS was epic!

I finally felt with Superman I was seeing him fly and battle as in the comic books.

Early 30's.

I grew up with Reeves as a kid, but after a while enough already.

Superman Part I is now utterly unwatchable.

Superman II is loosing it's luster more and more as the years go bye. The technology was just not there.

Of course your entitled to your opinion but the days of me wanting to watch the old Superman movies (1 and 2) have come and gone.

The golly G, and all shucks days of Superman are finally over. :preach:

strongly disagree with the animated series being unwatchable. I place that along the Fleisher superman cartoons as the best ever. im surprised no one includes thr rocketeer, an amazing movie the totally captures the tone of the comic

This boggles my mind.

Hamill was better IMO

I definitely think we have a different definition of what it means to get it "right", there's no maybe about it.

Show me in the comics where the character Ledger portrayed is.

I'm not ashamed to want the characters I like portrayed on the screen as accurately as possible.

All I question is how much can the "who cares" group really like the characters in the first place.

I still have no idea who you think the Joker is. Can you at least give me some examples so I can try to understand where you're coming from? Or some specifics as to what makes Ledger's version different from the one you wanted to see?

For my part, I think there are certainly some comics that had at least a bit of the flavor of Ledger's Joker.

Killing Joke and Dark Knight Returns are the two that come to mind. (And there was an issue in the early 300s from the regular series--Simonson did the art--that was also in the ballpark.)

But you haven't addressed my point regarding the lack of any definitive take on the character--or Batman for that matter. The silver age issues are horrific, for example, and certainly bear little resemblance to the Neal Adams or Marshall Rogers runs.