• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Top ten super dupers movies

90 posts in this topic

strongly disagree with the animated series being unwatchable. I place that along the Fleisher superman cartoons as the best ever. im surprised no one includes thr rocketeer, an amazing movie the totally captures the tone of the comic

I liked the Rocketeer quite a bit, just not top ten material. Certainly not anymore. When it came out, I saw it at the theater and thought it was sensational. I've watched it a dozen times since. But the slate of films that have come out since X-Men has greatly surpassed Rocketeer in my opinion.

Updated list:

1. The Avengers

2. Spider-Man

3. Spider-Man 2

4. Batman Beyond: The Return of the Joker

5. Iron Man

6. BTAS: Mask of the Phantasm

7. Thor

8. Captain America

9t. Batman Begins

9t. Batman (1989)

10. Superman II

You could splice together the four Darkseid episodes of STAS, the two Darkseid episodes of Justice League and the final two episodes of JLU and make a movie that is better than any Superman live-action one, IMHO. And #11 would be the Batman/Superman movie: World's Finest. I'm sure I'm missing some. I liked most of the X-Men movies but they did not make my top 10.

I haven't seen The Man of Steel yet. My expectations are low and hopefully it will surprise me like Batman Begins did.

Updated list:

1. The Avengers

2. Spider-Man

3. Spider-Man 2

4. Batman Beyond: The Return of the Joker

5. Iron Man

6. BTAS: Mask of the Phantasm

7. Thor

8. Captain America

9t. Batman Begins

9t. Batman (1989)

10. Superman II

You could splice together the four Darkseid episodes of STAS, the two Darkseid episodes of Justice League and the final two episodes of JLU and make a movie that is better than any Superman live-action one, IMHO. And #11 would be the Batman/Superman movie: World's Finest. I'm sure I'm missing some. I liked most of the X-Men movies but they did not make my top 10.

I haven't seen The Man of Steel yet. My expectations are low and hopefully it will surprise me like Batman Begins did.

Once you see Superman MOS one of your top ten movies just got knocked off. ;)

consider me the mentally ill, cause it don't say nothing bout top 10 super hero movies, not sure I could do a list of 10 of those, but ill try a top 5.

1. Batman Begins(imo, best batman ever)

2. Punisher War Zone

3. Doctor Strange(70's, I thought it was really cool)

4. Swamp Thing

5. Captain Marvel serial from the 50's I think, only got to see it once, been lookin for it for years, not a movie, but great for the times.

now my list of top 10 movies of all time.

1. Taken

2. Blazing Saddles

3. Trouble with the Curve

4. Uncle Buck

5. The Blindside

6. My Cousin Vinnie

7. Star Wars

8. Lord of the Rings Trilogy

9. Harry Potter Movies

10. Porky's

Ledger has about 10 minutes of screentime too, not enough to put him above Hamill

great performance but Hamill was the Joker in the Batman i saw as a child

Hamill was the Joker you saw as a child? So?

Are you saying that your appreciation of art hasn't advanced since then?

....it's like talking to an infant

I'll try this out as well..

1) TDK

2) Batman Begins

3) Avengers

4) Iron Man

5) Spider-man 2

6) Man of Steel

7) Batman (1989)

8) DKR

9) X2

10) Blade II

You like Batman? :insane:

I'll try this out as well..

1) TDK

2) Batman Begins

3) Avengers

4) Iron Man

5) Spider-man 2

6) Man of Steel

7) Batman (1989)

8) DKR

9) X2

10) Blade II

You like Batman? :insane:

Who's he? :whatev:

Funny for me going forward I like Batman Begins now the least out of trilogy now.

People can be down on DKR, but for me ranks pretty high.

My amended top 10 comic book related movies of all time.

1. The Dark Knight

2. Batman Begins

3. Man of Steel

4. The Dark Knight Rises

5. The Avengers

6. X-Men First Class

7. X-Men 2

8. Spider-Man 2

Below are all tied on the same score.

Superman

V for Vendetta

Iron Man

Kick-

Watchmen

Scott Pilgrim Vs The World

Thor

Blade

Superman 1

Superman 2

Spider-Man 1

Batman Returns

Iron Man

Spider-Man 2

Thor

Not sure about the rest, although Avengers & Cap would be above any Nolan Batman. Maybe Kick-Butt?

We are at polar opposites my friend.

Superman 2, Iron Man, Spider-Man 2 & Thor are all awesome movies which I can watch time and again.

Batman Returns however is one boring movie, Nolan's Batman's kicks seven shades of out of that movie. Seriously.

1.The Avengers

2.The Dark Knight

3.Thor

4.X-Men 2

5.Batman Begins

6.Spider-Man 2

7.Superman

8.The Amazing Spider-Man

9.Iron Man

10.The Incredible Hulk

Not going to rate Man of Steel until more digestion time, but it's up there somewhere. I went only with superhero, live action movies, so stuff like American Splendor, The Incredibles, etc. got left out. And for some reason, even though I own them, I have yet to see X-Men: First Class or Captain America.

I think I might need to re-visit X-Men 2. It is getting a lot of love in this thread and I don't really remember it. It might be the bad taste the X-Men 3 left in my mouth...

Its awesome.

I still love the start with Nightcrawler in the White House.

I think I might need to re-visit X-Men 2. It is getting a lot of love in this thread and I don't really remember it. It might be the bad taste the X-Men 3 left in my mouth...

Its awesome.

I greatly prefer "X-Men: First Class", but X-Men 2 was really good.

Its awesome.

My favourite part in First Class is when Magneto is in Argentina in that bar, they are all drinking beer and looking at each other, the music kicks in and he takes them all apart.

Its awesome.

My favourite part in First Class is when Magneto is in Argentina in that bar, they are all drinking beer and looking at each other, the music kicks in and he takes them all apart.

ABSOLUTELY--that scene and half of the rest with Fassbender are the best parts of all the X-Men films. Fassbender as Magneto and McAvoy as Xavier are the best actors in the series aside from Ian McKellen's Magneto, but Fassbender's portrayal is more compelling since he's so much younger, more attractive, and the character was written to be so much more physically dynamic.

The reason you had scenes like that in the film was that the studio was originally going to put out a Magneto standalone film, but they decided not to and instead combined the screenplay for it with the "First Class" prequel concept.