• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Got my CGC package today..but with a 'do not encapsulate'???

12 posts in this topic

I finally got my CGC package in the mail today, but one of the magazines (Visions #1, first appearance of Flaming Carrot) I sent to be graded was not slabbed, but instead bagged and boarded with a sticker saying 'do not encapsulate, keep with invoice XXXXXX'. This is bewildering because when I spoke with the CGC folks on the phone a few weeks ago, they told me the Visions #1 was graded 9.4 and didn't mention they would not slab it.

It's saturday and the CGC offices are closed, so I'm hoping you guys can shed some light on this for me. 893frustrated.gif893frustrated.gif893frustrated.gif

I finally got my CGC package in the mail today, but one of the magazines (Visions #1, first appearance of Flaming Carrot) I sent to be graded was not slabbed, but instead bagged and boarded with a sticker saying 'do not encapsulate, keep with invoice XXXXXX'. This is bewildering because when I spoke with the CGC folks on the phone a few weeks ago, they told me the Visions #1 was graded 9.4 and didn't mention they would not slab it.

I imagine that decision is made my the encapsulation department, not the graders. Hence, they didn't mention anything a few weeks ago,

I'm not sure if it's overhang because there was no mention or reason for not encapsulating. I've always thought overhang was a problem relating to a cover that was a little larger than the comic book itself. If that's what overhang is, there is no overhang with the Visions #1. The cover and the pages within are perfectly square.

If there was a problem with the book, I wish someone told me earlier. I was told twice on the phone that the book was graded 9.4, so imagine my shock when I opened up the package and it was just 'rejected'.

Steve just PMed me explaining that the Visions didn't get encapsulated because it was too large for the inner well of the slab.

ARGGHHHHHH 893frustrated.gif893frustrated.gif893frustrated.gif893frustrated.gif

Oh well, at least I got my answer. sorry.gif

Trim it down a little smaller.

poke2.gif

Visions #1 is taller than a regular magazine by a good half inch at least. Probably wouldn't fit in the mag slab. I have mine in a standard mag sized bag & board, and although it fits width-wise, it sticks up some over the top of the board.

Although I don't have them in front of me, I believe Visions #2 & #3 are extra tall as well. I don't have a copy of #4 or #5. frown.gif