• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bunch of books, some keys, mostly (ok, some) disappointing...

96 posts in this topic

Ok guys, I'd like to thank you all for your input.

I'm seriously considering about starting a sale thread for those books. I'll keep you posted.

In the meantime I will post some more books later today.

I'll take those Caps any day.

Btw, you can mail out packages just by handing them to your mailman with pre-paid postage. You don't have to go to the Post Office to mail stuff so there is no inconvenience.

I'll take those Caps any day.

Btw, you can mail out packages just by handing them to your mailman with pre-paid postage. You don't have to go to the Post Office to mail stuff so there is no inconvenience.

Oops, I sold those to a friend who came to see me earlier today. I will start a sales thread on Sunday, so you should look out for it if you're interested in some other books.

I don't know if the mailman will pick up packages over here in France. I have to check that out.

Batman 55

55inside_zpse22e966c.jpg

Did all the books belong to Ed Lahmann? Here's a letter he wrote to Marvel that was published in Daredevil #4, and the editor's response...

Dear Stan and Joe,

I just read DAREDEVIL #2—Orlando's art is as good as usual but I must criticize #2 in this respect. You are going to cheapen a truly inspired book by adding super-villains. Daredevil is a great idea and he can stand alone. Please don't go "commercial!" I don't think you realize how truly individual DD is. I also feel as though you don't realize you have here another classic strip. Usually a writer only hits with one great strip. You have hit in the comics with many! Orlando can do a masterful job. In a year or two Daredevil will be the true pride of your company.

Ed Lahmann, 2061 E. LeGrande Ave.

Indianapolis, Ind.

Got news for you, Ed ... we're proud of Matt right now! In an unbelievably short shoe he's already become one of Marvel's brightest stars! In fact, we've received so many thousands of letters praising the mag to the skies that we had to dig for hours to find the few critical letters which appear here, in order to make this section more interesting! As for our use of super-villains for Daredevil, we'll leave that up to our frantic fens, as usual. What do you say, out there in Marvel land? Are you pro or con?

And another letter to the editor, this one published in Fantastic Four #24 and concerning Strange Tales #114. I guess he wanted Cap to stay dead!

Dear Stan and Jack,

I have just read STRANGE TALES #114 containing "The Return of Captain America". Now let me say I thoroughly enjoyed the story as I have long been after the Captain's return. But alas, the true light has dawned on me. I'm afraid it was nostalgia that prompted my support of the Captain. The story proved he is outdated and lacks the color he formerly had. The Captain was a classic of the pioneer days, a legend. Let him remain so. He had his day. I don't think he fits today after all. You have left it in the hands of the fans, so the decision is theirs, and time will tell. Keep up your outstanding efforts and enlightened ideas. You're all doing a great job.

Ed Lahmann

(a comic fan for 25 years)

2061 E. LeGrande

Indianapolis, Ind.

Ed, you're a rugged individualist! You're one of the ONLY fans who nixed Cap's return! But we think you're gonna change your mind when you see him in THE AVENGERS #4! Let us know, huh?

Batman 55

55inside_zpse22e966c.jpg

Did all the books belong to Ed Lahmann? Here's a letter he wrote to Marvel that was published in Daredevil #4, and the editor's response...

Dear Stan and Joe,

I just read DAREDEVIL #2—Orlando's art is as good as usual but I must criticize #2 in this respect. You are going to cheapen a truly inspired book by adding super-villains. Daredevil is a great idea and he can stand alone. Please don't go "commercial!" I don't think you realize how truly individual DD is. I also feel as though you don't realize you have here another classic strip. Usually a writer only hits with one great strip. You have hit in the comics with many! Orlando can do a masterful job. In a year or two Daredevil will be the true pride of your company.

Ed Lahmann, 2061 E. LeGrande Ave.

Indianapolis, Ind.

Got news for you, Ed ... we're proud of Matt right now! In an unbelievably short shoe he's already become one of Marvel's brightest stars! In fact, we've received so many thousands of letters praising the mag to the skies that we had to dig for hours to find the few critical letters which appear here, in order to make this section more interesting! As for our use of super-villains for Daredevil, we'll leave that up to our frantic fens, as usual. What do you say, out there in Marvel land? Are you pro or con?

And another letter to the editor, this one published in Fantastic Four #24 and concerning Strange Tales #114. I guess he wanted Cap to stay dead!

Dear Stan and Jack,

I have just read STRANGE TALES #114 containing "The Return of Captain America". Now let me say I thoroughly enjoyed the story as I have long been after the Captain's return. But alas, the true light has dawned on me. I'm afraid it was nostalgia that prompted my support of the Captain. The story proved he is outdated and lacks the color he formerly had. The Captain was a classic of the pioneer days, a legend. Let him remain so. He had his day. I don't think he fits today after all. You have left it in the hands of the fans, so the decision is theirs, and time will tell. Keep up your outstanding efforts and enlightened ideas. You're all doing a great job.

Ed Lahmann

(a comic fan for 25 years)

2061 E. LeGrande

Indianapolis, Ind.

Ed, you're a rugged individualist! You're one of the ONLY fans who nixed Cap's return! But we think you're gonna change your mind when you see him in THE AVENGERS #4! Let us know, huh?

That's funny! You must have a good memory to remember in which issues those letters have been posted. To my knowledge this is the only book that belonged to Ed Lahmann, but I have not had the time to go through all the books yet.