• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Desperately Seeking Bill Sienkiewicz

43 posts in this topic

Alan Davis...well, Alan doesn't do commissions on request. He tends to do two things:

1. When he does conventions, he tends to bring some pre-done 11x17 penciled full-figure drawings. These are not done as pre-orders or requests, just characters that Alan wants to draw. He then does head shots for those that wait in line.

2. Every year or so, when he has time, he offers batches of drawings for sale through an email list from his website. Again, these are drawings that he wanted to do, not requests or commissions. He has a pretty good sized email list and the drawings sell very quickly. You can find his email to join his list in the ART SALES part of his website.

You can see what he does for these drawings on his website, in the "unpublished Pencil Art" section". They are AWESOME.

http://www.alandavis-comicart.com/

John Romita Jr-

Try Spencer Beck at The Artist's Choice, but the commissions are thousands of dollars, and at some point you could get them inked by John Romita Sr.

Sometimes, JR jr does quick sketches for charities at conventions.

Alan Davis...well, Alan doesn't do commissions on request. He tends to do two things:

1. When he does conventions, he tends to bring some pre-done 11x17 penciled full-figure drawings. These are not done as pre-orders or requests, just characters that Alan wants to draw. He then does head shots for those that wait in line.

2. Every year or so, when he has time, he offers batches of drawings for sale through an email list from his website. Again, these are drawings that he wanted to do, not requests or commissions. He has a pretty good sized email list and the drawings sell very quickly. You can find his email to join his list in the ART SALES part of his website.

You can see what he does for these drawings on his website, in the "unpublished Pencil Art" section". They are AWESOME.

http://www.alandavis-comicart.com/

Here is a Kitty and Lockheed that AD did for me years ago. He is such a cool guy, with such a dry sense of humor. He was doing headsketches, and I asked for Kitty with Lockheed wrapped around her neck. He literally snarled back at me - "It's one head sketch, not two headsketches!" I fumbled and mumbled and apologized. He went to drawing and when Kitty was done, shot me a tiny smirking glance and then drew Lockheed. He laughed and shook my hand and it was awesome. Also, this was after I tried to get him to sign a MM book that he never got paid to draw. :grin:

http://www.myslabbedcomics.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=6534&GSub=248

Art Adams- Try Facebook or his art rep, John Fannuci at Fog City (who you can contact on comic art fans).

Art's usually start at $2000 for a single figure 9x12 and go up from there. He and John will also sell a piece on eBay on occasion.

The positive for Adams is that he doesn't ask for money up front, and allows you to reject a piece once it's done if you don't like it. :screwy:

The negative is that there's no guarantee he'll ever get around to it. :(

Art Adams- Try Facebook or his art rep, John Fannuci at Fog City (who you can contact on comic art fans).

Art's usually start at $2000 for a single figure 9x12 and go up from there. He and John will also sell a piece on eBay on occasion.

The positive for Adams is that he doesn't ask for money up front, and allows you to reject a piece once it's done if you don't like it. :screwy:

I also thought there was some sort of thing where you couldn't dictate what it was to AA as well...

Or you can only give very general input,....

And for that much, I'd rather get a published page.

I also thought there was some sort of thing where you couldn't dictate what it was to AA as well...

Or you can only give very general input,....

And for that much, I'd rather get a published page.

It's more than published pages ... and more than a lot of his commissions sell for on the open market.

You can specify what you want, but he leaves himself free to interpret however he wants.

One other comment on Art, you'll get better service and more interest if it's a monster.

I was way late getting on a list here in Houston, but because I wanted a monster of his choice, I got it. Last thing he did even delaying his ride to the airport.

Ladies and Gentlemen, I present Grogg! Click on the image to see Grogg! in all his glory and to leave a comment if you are so moved. After all, he is a truly monstrous monster. The Description has images of the inspiration and shots of Art working on it. $100 was a steal, IMHO.

G.jpg

A few days ago, Bill called me (I'd been put in touch with him by members on this forum and we'd chatted by email).

As at Big WOW, he came across as a very sincere and genuine guy, who due to deadlines, travel and conflicts or whatever else had somehow lost track of my details. Bill did explained that in the past he'd allowed myself to get behind more than once, but it was certainly something he was trying to address pro-actively, especially as he takes his work and the fans very seriously. He also added that anyone with similar issues or problems, he is absolutely committed to resolving them. So much so, he was more than happy for me to pass on his contact details to anyone else in a similar position.

We chatted for a little while about the original sketch commission, a colour sketch of Warlock from New Mutants, before ending the call saying that he was going to get working on it right away and promised to send a scan of the final artwork in the next few days.

As he promised, last night I got an email back from Bill with the sketch attached. To say I'm absolutely thrilled with the result is a massive understatement, I never expected to get such a great piece of work. I'll let it speak for itself.

9513991592_dca9bfa952_b.jpg

As you can imagine, I'm totally stoked and I wanted to take this opportunity to thank the following people (in no particular order) for their invaluable help and assistance in putting me in touch with Bill; John at London Super Comic Con, Galactus, Bird, Speedy-D and Tnerb.

Most importantly, despite the initial difficulties, I also wanted to thank Bill for a creating such an amazing sketch and who during our conversations always came across as a gracious and genuine guy.

As we say in Australia...

...love your work.

D

Surprised to see my name in there as I only messaged and gave advice, but you are welcome. That is a phenomenal piece, even if I cannot quite figure out what the heck is going on. And COLOR! great great piece

That is a phenomenal piece, even if I cannot quite figure out what the heck is going on.

It's Superman #233

...man I am so tempted to make the obvious monster joke, but I won't go for the cheap laugh today

That's no help for me, I never read Superman (other than the Byrne reboot). I'll look it up.

Nothing like a new guy butting in here, but I have been on the hunt for much of the same artists like Arthur Adams. Here's a simple way to get him. After numerous times of trying to reach him via his facebook page and his dealer with no luck or response back, I finally got his direct email address which was on his website the whole time :facepalm: After I reached out to him with an idea he responded pretty quickly and said he'd do it and promised me a turn around of 6 months and asked for a deposit. Be warned though he is not cheap and I'm talking thousands here to get it. Anyway here's his email address if you want to give it a go and good luck - arthuradamsart@gmail.com