• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DiceX, a child of the '70s, reviews Man of Steel...Spoilers Inside!

107 posts in this topic

lol I didn't even realize until much later that the girl in trapped in the rubble was supposed to be Olsen.

lol. I didn't realize it until reading your post.

+1

In what way was she similar to Olsen? I barely remember her at all.

lol I didn't even realize until much later that the girl in trapped in the rubble was supposed to be Olsen.

lol. I didn't realize it until reading your post.

+1

In what way was she similar to Olsen? I barely remember her at all.

Her name was Jenny Olsen (I believe).

Anyone catch the Lexcorp petrol tankers?

Yea, didn't that big guy with the super-Kryptonian chick knock Kal through those Lexcorp tankers?

Was that big guy supposed to be an homage to Non from "Superman 2"? Why was he so huge? Was he actually a robot?

siizzm77.jpg

Pfft, I was right...like shooting fish in a barrel

:whatev:

Have you seen it yet?

Nope.

Then go see it.

lol.com/smiley/expressifs/go.gif' alt='go.gif'>

Yea, didn't that big guy with the super-Kryptonian chick knock Kal through those Lexcorp tankers?

Was that big guy supposed to be an homage to Non from "Superman 2"? Why was he so huge? Was he actually a robot?

siizzm77.jpg

Yeah, it was definitely an homage to Non. (thumbs u

Thanks Dice. Appreciate the review. I take it this isn't a kid friendly film?

The film is PG-13. (shrug)

Usual stuff.

Bad words and violence

First scene teaches little Jimmy where he came from.

Have you seen it yet?

Nope.

Then go see it.

I think I'll pass sir :sorry:

Usual stuff.

Bad words and violence

Some really pointless cussing in it. Not as pointless as the f-bomb in Xmen First Class, but pointless nonetheless.

7) Henry Cavill is an absolute beast of a man. If anyone were ever worthy of putting on the Superman uniform, Henry Cavill is on that short list. (worship)

Do you mean his size? They made him bulk up like crazy for the part going through a strict exercise and weight gain regimen for 5 or 6 months prior to filming. He wasn't at all like that when he tried out for the role; I saw him for years in the Showtime series "The Tudors" and he was completely average just a few years ago. The days he shot without a shirt they actually had him starve himself for a bit so that his muscles showed more on that day.

Here he is for one of his first movies as the son in Count of Monte Cristo.

Kinda cool looking back that this kid (hell he is my age lol) one day became Superman.

Great movie btw.

count_zps5f8c0bfb.jpg

Have you seen it yet?

Nope.

Then go see it.

I think I'll pass sir :sorry:

you-are-a-loser-smiley-emoticon.gif

7) Henry Cavill is an absolute beast of a man. If anyone were ever worthy of putting on the Superman uniform, Henry Cavill is on that short list. (worship)

Do you mean his size? They made him bulk up like crazy for the part going through a strict exercise and weight gain regimen for 5 or 6 months prior to filming. He wasn't at all like that when he tried out for the role; I saw him for years in the Showtime series "The Tudors" and he was completely average just a few years ago. The days he shot without a shirt they actually had him starve himself for a bit so that his muscles showed more on that day.

Kinda cool looking back that this kid (hell he is my age lol) one day became Superman.

Great movie btw.

count_zps5f8c0bfb.jpg

Is he the one on the right?

Man, they did do a lot of work on him for the part of Supes. :eek:

Great movie btw.

count_zps5f8c0bfb.jpg

Is he the one on the right?

Man, they did do a lot of work on him for the part of Supes. :eek:

See what happens with proper diet and exercise. :o

Usual stuff.

Bad words and violence

Some really pointless cussing in it. Not as pointless as the f-bomb in Xmen First Class, but pointless nonetheless.

Agreed. The few curse words should have been dropped. They added nothing to the film.

Usual stuff.

Bad words and violence

Cursing is usually always pointless.

Agreed.

‘Man of Steel’ Easter Eggs, Trivia & References

What's in a Nam-Ek?

We could go into detail on each of General Zod's Kryptonian cronies, since most of those named in either the film or credits are pulled from the comic book pages. But if one stands out among them, it's the towering giant, Nam-Ek, first appearing in the December 1974 "Superman" #282 story entitled "The Loneliest Man in the Universe."

Although his hulking size is never explained in the film, the comics do offer an explanation for his odd physiology. Nam-Ek, a scientist, attempted experiments on the endangered Kryptonian Rondor Beasts, injecting himself with serum from the animal's horn in pursuit of immortality. He got it, but became a horrific Rondor/Kryptonian hybrid in the process.

No way to know if this is the explanation for the film version, but the large-horned Rondor Beasts can be glimpsed roaming the plains of Krypton early in the film.

What's in a Nam-Ek?

We could go into detail on each of General Zod's Kryptonian cronies, since most of those named in either the film or credits are pulled from the comic book pages. But if one stands out among them, it's the towering giant, Nam-Ek, first appearing in the December 1974 "Superman" #282 story entitled "The Loneliest Man in the Universe."

Although his hulking size is never explained in the film, the comics do offer an explanation for his odd physiology. Nam-Ek, a scientist, attempted experiments on the endangered Kryptonian Rondor Beasts, injecting himself with serum from the animal's horn in pursuit of immortality. He got it, but became a horrific Rondor/Kryptonian hybrid in the process.

No way to know if this is the explanation for the film version, but the large-horned Rondor Beasts can be glimpsed roaming the plains of Krypton early in the film.

Hmm, never heard of him. Here is his origin from Superman #282 in 1974:

namek.jpg