• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DiceX, a child of the '70s, reviews Man of Steel...Spoilers Inside!

107 posts in this topic

Amazing Spider-Man was better.

:o

I am not joking when I say ASM was the best Spider-man movie. :whistle:

Tobey was just okay.

It wasn't perfect by any stretch, but I would agree. The tone of the recent one was better than the previous three. The only thing I liked about the original better was the costume.

The special effects for the Lizard was horrible.

I agree, that falls into not being perfect :)

Make your move, dumbarse

7) Henry Cavill is an absolute beast of a man. If anyone were ever worthy of putting on the Superman uniform, Henry Cavill is on that short list. (worship)

hm

:luhv:

My thirteen year old daughter (who was bored most of the film) said Henry Cavill saved it for her. Or more accurately the scenes where he had his shirt off saved it for her.

It wasn't perfect by any stretch, but I would agree. The tone of the recent one was better than the previous three. The only thing I liked about the original better was the costume.

Make your move, dumbarse

Why do you subject yourself to Words With Friends? Isn't it painful and monotonous to get beaten day, after day, after day?

Make your move, dumbarse

Why do you subject yourself to Words With Friends? Isn't it painful and monotonous to get beaten day, after day, after day?

It is :(

Make your move, dumbarse

Hell no :whee:

Make your move, dumbarse

You will lose another one.

Make your move, dumbarse

You will lose another one.

Yup :cry:

6) The actress playing Lois Lane is a brick house. 'Nuff said

She was on-screen three minutes, and I leaned over to my friend (who made an "OOOOOOOOO!" squeal when she saw shirtless Superman), and said, "I kinda like her!"

Honestly, your review of the movie is pretty close to mine. I do wish there was a bit more humor (like the guy trying to push Supes at the bar, which made me crack up), but I did enjoy the film.

Honestly, your review of the movie is pretty close to mine. I do wish there was a bit more humor (like the guy trying to push Supes at the bar, which made me crack up), but I did enjoy the film.

Or, what that same guy saw when he walked outside. lol

Or, what that same guy saw when he walked outside. lol

Exactly!

lol I didn't even realize until much later that the girl in trapped in the rubble was supposed to be Olsen.

lol. I didn't realize it until reading your post.

+1

In what way was she similar to Olsen? I barely remember her at all.

Her name was Jenny Olsen (I believe).

I paid attention to the credits the second time through- she was listed as "Jenny" but not "Jenny Olsen".

Just got back from seeing MOS, so I'll add my 'child of the 60s lifelong fan' two cents. 2c

I thought the movie worked on all levels. As an alien invasion epic, as a retcon of the Superman mythos and as a coming-of-age hero's tale.

There was a point where I thought it was treading dangerously close to Miracleman #15 territory. But it managed to walk right up to that line and veer off.

So the only complaint I have, very minor, is product placement. There were some momentary jolts to the brain, pulling me out of the story for a millisecond or two. A minor annoyance. Subtlety would have worked better.

Man Of Steel get placed on a very long list of Superman fare I've enjoyed over a lifetime. Top tier entertainment.

Amazing Spider-Man was better.

:o

I am not joking when I say ASM was the best Spider-man movie. :whistle:

Tobey was just okay.

You lost me there. I put the ASM movie on par with Daredevil.

Couldn't disagree more.

I usually never care about on-screen romances in comic books movies, but I felt the Gwen/Peter relationship carrying out.

People will disagree, but not me.

Happens everyday: Nerd stalker with a camera and rock-a-billy haircut through careful use of stammering and hemming and hawing attracts hottest girl in school that has complete access to a multi-national corporation as a high school intern tour guide.

Despite that HIS Uncle dies and HER dad dies over the course of a week, they can smile and look lovingly into each other's eyes at the end of a movie, and forget that a giant Lizard attacked the city.

lol

When it comes to that romance, I think it's more about the viewers infatuation with Emma Stone than anything else. (shrug)

You keep saying this, and I keep telling ya, it didn't happen that way. It was way more subtle. :baiting:

Just got back from seeing MOS, so I'll add my 'child of the 60s lifelong fan' two cents. 2c

I thought the movie worked on all levels. As an alien invasion epic, as a retcon of the Superman mythos and as a coming-of-age hero's tale.

There was a point where I thought it was treading dangerously close to Miracleman #15 territory. But it managed to walk right up to that line and veer off.

So the only complaint I have, very minor, is product placement. There were some momentary jolts to the brain, pulling me out of the story for a millisecond or two. A minor annoyance. Subtlety would have worked better.

Man Of Steel get placed on a very long list of Superman fare I've enjoyed over a lifetime. Top tier entertainment.

:whee: