• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

So is anybody else a Gold Key fan? Cover parties are fun

74 posts in this topic

BB, you had such wonderfully eclectic tastes! thumbsup2.gif What was your system? Did you have core titles that you always bought, and then reserve some money for anything that caught your eye? Or was it more haphazard than that?

BB, you had such wonderfully eclectic tastes! thumbsup2.gif What was your system? Did you have core titles that you always bought, and then reserve some money for anything that caught your eye? Or was it more haphazard than that?

towards the end (after i had traded away all my action, lois lane, jimmy olsen, world's finest, detective, superboy, archie, DC war books) i was left with the core dc hero books and most of the marvels being published at the time. i'd also pop for the occasional gold key/archie/charlton.ACG, etc........

about the only "old" books that i still own that weren't purchased by me are a bunch of Tracy's from the 50's.

glad i kept as much as i did............ grin.gif

here is the one I was attaching last post.

I did a few more I Spy's under that semi related thread.

612724-ispy2c2.jpg

I pciked up all of the GIrl From Uncles at a Sci FI convention several years ago. I think that there was only 1 guy there that had comics.

613328-gfuncle1.jpg.cc3a08fcb78a43be67e33364154bb9d8.jpg

These just arrived in the mail. Love these painted covers! cloud9.gif

Tarzan #142

623605-Tarzan%20142.jpg

Tarzan #163--The lord of the apes, rock 'n' rolling with a water-cooled machine gun? Woo hoo! Or should I say, "Kreegah, bundolo!" cloud9.gif

623607-Tarzan%20163.jpg

All these painted covers are new to me, and cool to see.

Here are a couple of simple covers featuring classic characters (I hope Dells are OK here 893crossfingers-thumb.gif). Their approaches to humor are remarkably similar:

624382-Peanuts.jpg

624382-Flint.jpg

624382-Flint.jpg.7b6da22098a175d69664aeb1969a923f.jpg