• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

seriously, does cgc actually grade?

61 posts in this topic

My grading is 99.9 % guessing based on internet pictures so I trust CGC for high grade books

What bothers me is people (sellers) who think they are good at grading but when you get it in the mail it is junk ( based on my low grading skills )

TGIF !

:grin:

You guys will get along great. You are both trolls with anti-CGC axes to grind. You should have a pM together and save everyone else the mutual ESL rants.

sean u r not nice!

g1371818643153096846.jpg

He has undoubtedly cut him to the core with that observation. :ohnoez:

Im trying to be good, we all know who the um (tree bark colored-middle of the face sniffer)s are, is that being good?

Capitalism, and capitalism is politics

Yes, capitalism is politics, and selling or creating comics for money is capitalism, so the next time you louts start talking about comics in just about any way, I'm humping the button. :mad::sumo:

Okay... here's what I don't get. We all know turnaround times are all jacked up and have been for quite some time yet every month/week/day there's another post complaining about it. Why? You knew darn well and good before submitting the books that there's a backlog.

I just got a book back yesterday that was subbed under the Standard tier in May. It doesn't show on the census yet. I don't check the status of submissions online but perhaps, much like the census, they're not updating it as frequently as they once did. Either way... submissions are still slower than anyone would like. It's all part of the game, if you want your books back faster then it's gonna cost you an extra $10 per book. It's just that simple.

everyday, you check the status, same thing... verified... gets old.

Let me guess this is your first submission and you sent something in on modern or economy and did not use the fast track method. Am I correct?

You have to fast track it if you want anything back in a reasonable amount of time. Mine was recieved 6/3 and getting ready to ship tomorrow from Phoenix Comic Con because I used fast track on my moderns. My economy fast track will probably ship in two weeks.

If you can't wait use Fast Track. As much as I don't like the option I find it to be a neccessary evil.

I wouldn't take the OP's comment seriously.

:facepalm:

Mad I take everyone's comment seriously. unless they just bein facetious.

You guys will get along great. You are both trolls with anti-CGC axes to grind. You should have a pM together and save everyone else the mutual ESL rants.

sean u r not nice! I don't know why you think im anti CGC, I just have questions about the process.

you have heard the stories of re subbing a book and it getting a better grade without anything being done to it, well if its a 9.6 the first time it should always be a 9.6 unless something was done to improve the book(pressing)

other stuff like that, stuff I know you don't think about cause you always busy posting on here, and not being nice.

so I reiterate, tttttttwwwwwww!

Nice has nothing to do with it. Take it PM, discuss Hee Haw re-runs and how your Deathlok should be a 10 and spare everyone the incessant trolling. You and PlainMad have started several Sheriff Roscoe P. Coletrain APB alert threads about grading accuracy, grading speed, size of holders etc. It's white noise. We get it - CGC is not living up to your standards.

Can anyone recommend a carpet cleaning company?

There's a lot of vitriol being spilled.

I don't use fast track, I think its politics, anyway, I

I dont understand this statement... how is fast track "politics"?

[tread lightly considering the zero tolerance policy on political talk]

Ok, first ive never been to a comic book convention.

so this maybe the way things are, I don't really know, but lets say you go to a convention, and Stan Lee is signing. you get your card or whatever to get his signature and you get in line, maybe he charges, maybe not, lets say he doesn't.

now, after you got your card and got in line, the people at the convention started selling different cards to be the first 100 in line. You didn't pay for yours, so these folks are gonna get in front of you to get the same signature that you have been standing in line already for 3 hours to get. So instead of being 48th in line you are now 148th, why? Capitalism, and capitalism is politics( I hope this doesn't go against the rules of no politics on the boards, im tryin to be good, I mean look at my remarks to sean, I really tryin to be good)

CGC realized in it's genius that one thing that is pretty common trait with collectors and that is their lack of patience. It's like the amusement parks that realized some people just don't like to stand in line to wait for a ride so they added the fast path tickets. No-brainer.

A lot of collectors just can't handle waiting. They need it now and they need to run to the boards and post pics so everyone can see what they got for Christmas. Nothing wrong with that especially if you have the disposable income.

If you lack the patience to wait for your books than pay the FP price. It's that simple. I for one have no problem waiting a month or 6 months for a book. I'll get it when I get it. And companies putting in processes to make some extra money, how dare they.....

I'd suggest Stay-Free Super Maxi with wings for the heavy flow and wide set vajayjay.

I don't use fast track, I think its politics, anyway, I

I dont understand this statement... how is fast track "politics"?

[tread lightly considering the zero tolerance policy on political talk]

Ok, first ive never been to a comic book convention.

so this maybe the way things are, I don't really know, but lets say you go to a convention, and Stan Lee is signing. you get your card or whatever to get his signature and you get in line, maybe he charges, maybe not, lets say he doesn't.

now, after you got your card and got in line, the people at the convention started selling different cards to be the first 100 in line. You didn't pay for yours, so these folks are gonna get in front of you to get the same signature that you have been standing in line already for 3 hours to get. So instead of being 48th in line you are now 148th, why? Capitalism, and capitalism is politics( I hope this doesn't go against the rules of no politics on the boards, im tryin to be good, I mean look at my remarks to sean, I really tryin to be good)

I think you mean economics. Its economics.

I dont think CGC started offereing fast track yesterday. And whenever they did start offering it they've surely cleared all the submissions that came in before fast track existed.

Let me clean up your metaphor cause its not an accurate one.

You see a line for Stan Lee sigs $10, and a line "fast line" for $20. You decide you have the time to spare, but not the money so you get in the $10 line. So while you are 20th in your line, there are people in the fast line who paid more to get thru the line faster, so the 20th guy in the "fast lane" will get to meet Stan before you, and in fact they are doing 2 "fast" people for every one "slow line" person. So yes, some people who got in line later than you (but chose to pay for the upgraded fast lane) will get to meet Stan first, but they are doing it at a higher cost.

(and really all this is no different than Disney's "Fast Pass ticket" they sell at the parks. You get to skip lines or be in shorter lines, but you pay more for the ticket)

So when you subbed you decided that you made an economic decision that you valued money over time, and subbed in the slower lane. You could have just as easily valued time over money and spent more to get the book faster. Its economics.

I'd suggest Stay-Free Super Maxi with wings for the heavy flow and wide set vajayjay.

Personal favourite, or too small?

:cloud9: 10 minutes to think up, "I know you are but what am I." Try harder, troll.

I'd say Aaron Hernandez probably knows a pretty good one. :eek:

Arrest warrant just issued.

:popcorn:

:cloud9: 10 minutes to think up, "I know you are but what am I." Try harder, troll.

sean, im sorry, its not your fault you are a little person, you will grow one day, and be big enough to reach the doorknob, don't worry, it will happen.