• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

seriously, does cgc actually grade?

61 posts in this topic

everyday, you check the status, same thing... verified... gets old.

Let me guess this is your first submission and you sent something in on modern or economy and did not use the fast track method. Am I correct?

You have to fast track it if you want anything back in a reasonable amount of time. Mine was recieved 6/3 and getting ready to ship tomorrow from Phoenix Comic Con because I used fast track on my moderns. My economy fast track will probably ship in two weeks.

If you can't wait use Fast Track. As much as I don't like the option I find it to be a neccessary evil.

Let me guess this is your first submission and you sent something in on modern or economy and did not use the fast track method. Am I correct?

You have to fast track it if you want anything back in a reasonable amount of time. Mine was recieved 6/3 and getting ready to ship tomorrow from Phoenix Comic Con because I used fast track on my moderns. My economy fast track will probably ship in two weeks.

If you can't wait use Fast Track. As much as I don't like the option I find it to be a neccessary evil.

I wouldn't take the OP's comment seriously.

I don't use fast track, I think its politics, anyway, I sent in 5 submissions on 3/5 and got 4 of em back before the end of may and 1 of those in April, and the last one shipped out yesterday and it was economy.

compared to my last submission, this one was finished fast.

I do wish they would hire some folks and get things done a little faster, but I understand how hard it is to teach grading to folks, and I don't want em hiring dummys who don't have a clue about comic books.

:ohnoez:

:facepalm:

Mad I take everyone's comment seriously. unless they just bein facetious.

You guys will get along great. You are both trolls with anti-CGC axes to grind. You should have a pM together and save everyone else the mutual ESL rants.

You guys will get along great. You are both trolls with anti-CGC axes to grind. You should have a pM together and save everyone else the mutual ESL rants.

sean u r not nice! I don't know why you think im anti CGC, I just have questions about the process.

you have heard the stories of re subbing a book and it getting a better grade without anything being done to it, well if its a 9.6 the first time it should always be a 9.6 unless something was done to improve the book(pressing)

other stuff like that, stuff I know you don't think about cause you always busy posting on here, and not being nice.

so I reiterate, tttttttwwwwwww!

I don't use fast track, I think its politics, anyway, I

I dont understand this statement... how is fast track "politics"?

[tread lightly considering the zero tolerance policy on political talk]

sean u r not nice!

g1371818643153096846.jpg

sean u r not nice! I don't know why you think im anti CGC, I just have questions about the process.

you have heard the stories of re subbing a book and it getting a better grade without anything being done to it, well if its a 9.6 the first time it should always be a 9.6 unless something was done to improve the book(pressing)

other stuff like that, stuff I know you don't think about cause you always busy posting on here, and not being nice.

so I reiterate, tttttttwwwwwww!

Grading has an element of subjectivity. It always will. What is important to one collector is meaningless to another. The best graders have learned to account for the preferences of a broad range of collectors. This ends up pleasing the majority of collectors because the grader has gigged a fault that is insignificant to the collector and the book is nicer than expected. Bad graders are only guessing. That's how I do it. :P

sean u r not nice!

g1371818643153096846.jpg

y u not nice seanfingh?!

sean u r not nice!

g1371818643153096846.jpg

He has undoubtedly cut him to the core with that observation. :ohnoez:

I don't use fast track, I think its politics, anyway, I

I dont understand this statement... how is fast track "politics"?

[tread lightly considering the zero tolerance policy on political talk]

Ok, first ive never been to a comic book convention.

so this maybe the way things are, I don't really know, but lets say you go to a convention, and Stan Lee is signing. you get your card or whatever to get his signature and you get in line, maybe he charges, maybe not, lets say he doesn't.

now, after you got your card and got in line, the people at the convention started selling different cards to be the first 100 in line. You didn't pay for yours, so these folks are gonna get in front of you to get the same signature that you have been standing in line already for 3 hours to get. So instead of being 48th in line you are now 148th, why? Capitalism, and capitalism is politics( I hope this doesn't go against the rules of no politics on the boards, im tryin to be good, I mean look at my remarks to sean, I really tryin to be good)