• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What don't I know about Captain America #163

18 posts in this topic

Nothing--just that 20 cent Marvels in HG are tougher than most people realize. These books got no respect for a long time, and finding 9.4 or better copies is really tough. That, coupled with a pretty reliable seller that has a loyal customer base, and premium prices are usually realized.

Well, my experience with the seller has been OK. The one book I purchased - MTIO Annual 1 - was advertised as 9.2 and was a 9.0. Decent price, so I can't complain.

Just really surprised that this book is going so high and it is the one I don't have between 152 and 182... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Thanks,

Fan4Fan

My first post.....be gentle.

I post at the CPG boards. First time posting here. I have been a lurker though.

My user is the same as my registry set name. I have had my books in the registry for quite some time.

ANYWAY, book looks to me at best 9.0....maybe 9.2....small scan. Still a beautiful book. I think I am gonna check this guy's other auctions.

HELLO !

Nothing--just that 20 cent Marvels in HG are tougher than most people realize. These books got no respect for a long time, and finding 9.4 or better copies is really tough. That, coupled with a pretty reliable seller that has a loyal customer base, and premium prices are usually realized.

And who can resist the box cut common in bronze books!

My user is the same as my registry set name. I have had my books in the registry for quite some time.

ANYWAY, book looks to me at best 9.0....maybe 9.2....small scan. Still a beautiful book. I think I am gonna check this guy's other auctions.

HELLO !

Welcome! hi.gif

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=35761&item=2268874096

Jeez, look at this one. Same seller.

Says it is a 9.6. Is that a 9.6?

ULC color breaking crease, at least 2 visible color breaking spine creases.

Scan too small, but "maybe" 9.0......

Rule 1: Buy the book, not the grade a eBayer says it is...

FYI: Seller offers a full-money back satisfaction guarantee. Scans sometimes don't do a book justice--eagle eye there!

HELLO !

Welcome! hi.gif

Thanks Sterling,

I was first invited by Borock, after a phone call to CGC and then by a member of CPG who also posts here....and whose opinion I value.

Good to be here. I hope I can offer something without too many people off. thumbsup2.gif

Rule 1: Buy the book, not the grade a eBayer says it is...

FYI: Seller offers a full-money back satisfaction guarantee. Scans sometimes don't do a book justice--eagle eye there!

I appreciate it. I may be a newbie here, but I am by far a newbie in th comic world.

I am just getting my feet wet on these boards.

But don't worry, I am not a BUG.

Thanks wink.gif

HELLO !

Hi D-Bol. hi.gif

HELLO !

Hi D-Bol. hi.gif

Thanks FFB,

That brought a big grin to my face. grin.gif

Good to be here. I hope I can offer something without too many people off. thumbsup2.gif

Don't worry--people here are violatile and sometimes reminds me of some of the soap operas. Just ignore the noise.

So--what are your collecting interests? Tell a little about yourself.

We're listening...

Wow,I went to the site,put in some semi-serious bids and got slapped down on just about all of them. Wonder if they take consignments.

I've dealt with them in the past. One bad transaction out of more than a dozen,and they worked out that one.

I appreciate it. I may be a newbie here, but I am by far a newbie in th comic world.

I am just getting my feet wet on these boards.

But don't worry, I am not a BUG.

Thanks wink.gif

ah ha! laugh.gif a lurker turned forum member! shy.gif welcome to the boards! yay.gif

Don't worry--people here are violatile and sometimes reminds me of some of the soap operas. Just ignore the noise.

So--what are your collecting interests? Tell a little about yourself.

We're listening...

This should tell the tale.

http://www.collectors-society.com/registry/comics/set_detail.asp?PeopleSetID=283

That is my main focus. But I am also trying to complete my FF and MTU runs.

This should tell the tale.

http://www.collectors-society.com/registry/comics/set_detail.asp?PeopleSetID=283

That is my main focus. But I am also trying to complete my FF and MTU runs.

If they had House of Mystery had a title, you would see some sweet issues there--that's my focus. Visit the thread in my sig line--you may be pleasantly surprised by the amount of excellent material in this all but forgotten gentre.