• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ho hum, another Action 1 and All American 16 in the next HA auction

31 posts in this topic

The Batman 1 is amazing!
my concern is that the batman was an 8.0 pressed (presumably) to a 9.0, then resubed again (no idea if pressed or not) and graded a 9.2....it really was a weak/mod 9.0, so not sure how it was justified as a 9.2 (shrug)

I may be out there a bit but I agree, a very weak 9.2.

Another GA key gift grade. Big dollar book gets special treatment, we have seen this since the day CGC opened their doors.

The Batman 1 is amazing!
my concern is that the batman was an 8.0 pressed (presumably) to a 9.0, then resubed again (no idea if pressed or not) and graded a 9.2....it really was a weak/mod 9.0, so not sure how it was justified as a 9.2 (shrug)

This book is one of the greatest GA ever to come to auction. I know it used to be a 9.0 I think on comic connect or something, it does not matter, it is in my opinion a 1 million dollar book, now the seller is risking getting 50% OF THE 900K that the old buyer paid.

I like this book and cap 1 at 9.2 as the best comic book buys of the year.

Gator, I hope you end up with it.....

The Batman 1 is amazing!

This book is one of the greatest GA ever to come to auction. I know it used to be a 9.0 I think on comic connect or something, it does not matter, it is in my opinion a 1 million dollar book, now the seller is risking getting 50% OF THE 900K that the old buyer paid.

I like this book and cap 1 at 9.2 as the best comic book buys of the year.

Gator, I hope you end up with it.....

i actively bid to just short of 300k a few years ago when it was on clink. Still all that I would pay today

The seller is not risking anything as they are likely to soon be in jail and never truly owned the book (embezzled /laundered funds)... That said I suspect book will push 400+

900k down to 400k wow, I wonder if ha.com is waving the sellers fee, I would put it at 450K, but who knows, you might get it at 305K or whatever.
really uncharted territory. Heck, it could end up anywhere from 300-500+. Just no way to know. To me, the book is an 8.0 manipulated to an almost reasonable 9.0 , but at 9.2 I see no value over 9.0 price.

The Batman 1 is amazing!

I may be out there a bit but I agree, a very weak 9.2.

appears to have a color scrape top edge FC, and erased "s" right of Batman's cape. more 8.5/9.0 ish to me but Nonetheless a very bright and beautiful Batty 1 :)

Back of the book seems pretty sharp but there does appear to be one slight tear in the lower right corner.

If CGC considers it a bindery tear, they may have ignored it. It also has a small color chip at the top, multiple ncb spine ticks, slight rounding of the spine corners, and a large scratch at the the lower front right that might be production related, but I agree with others, the biggest negative is the color loss from the erasure. If this were a silver age book, 8.5 would be pushing it.

Highest graded does not always equal best CGC copy. Is there anybody who wouldn't rather have this copy, or even the Billy Wright 8.5?

cap 2...9.4 billy white looks pretty good too.......

Mitch do you ever ask yourself, where are all those underbidders the second time around! hm

This auction will be the test....

There are a dozen BIG GA books, Batman 1 and 2, cap 1 and 2, AA 16, Action 1 etc....somebody should make a list of all of the resales in this auction from the Tando corp or whoever.

If they only get 50% or what they did before....well who knows, the key here is the THIRD BIDDER..... If the third bidder dropped out at 50% of the price...well problems, maybe there will not be the same bidder.

It is clear this buyer INFLATED GA prices.....combined with hard asset depreciation...this is gonna get interesting.

we will find out how much...