• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ho hum, another Action 1 and All American 16 in the next HA auction

31 posts in this topic

Any idea who Tadano America Corporation is? I see they are auctioning for them... are these books part of the ones used to launder money? Is that a recovery company?

From their website: "Nobody has built more hydraulic cranes over the past 64 years than Tadano. Simply put, you expect more from #1, and Tadano's high performance lineup of Rough Terrain and All Terrain cranes have earned their outstanding reputation by continually meeting customer needs through innovative advancements in State-of-the-art operating systems and field proven design features."

Any idea who Tadano America Corporation is? I see they are auctioning for them... are these books part of the ones used to launder money? Is that a recovery company?
Probably the company the thief stole his money from.

The Batman 1 is amazing!
my concern is that the batman was an 8.0 pressed (presumably) to a 9.0, then resubed again (no idea if pressed or not) and graded a 9.2....it really was a weak/mod 9.0, so not sure how it was justified as a 9.2 (shrug)

The Batman 1 is amazing!
my concern is that the batman was an 8.0 pressed (presumably) to a 9.0, then resubed again (no idea if pressed or not) and graded a 9.2....it really was a weak/mod 9.0, so not sure how it was justified as a 9.2 (shrug)

I may be out there a bit but I agree, a very weak 9.2.

The Batman 1 is amazing!

appears to have a color scrape top edge FC, and erased "s" right of Batman's cape. more 8.5/9.0 ish to me but Nonetheless a very bright and beautiful Batty 1 :)

The Batman 1 is amazing!

Man I love this hobby! :sick:

The Batman 1 is amazing!

Maybe CGC saw it with a CVA sticker and got all excited?

Pretty impressive group from HA this time. A few questions:

(1) I wonder if Bat 1 will clear 400k?

(2) What's your opinion of double covers? Regarding this auction, Green Lantern 1 (9.0) is a double. Does it make the comic more valuable?

(3) Why does HA seem to offer, every auction, at least one copy of Hansi, the Girl Who Loves the Swastica? I swear it comes up every auction. Weird.

The Batman 1 is amazing!

appears to have a color scrape top edge FC, and erased "s" right of Batman's cape. more 8.5/9.0 ish to me but Nonetheless a very bright and beautiful Batty 1 :)

Back of the book seems pretty sharp but there does appear to be one slight tear in the lower right corner.

The Batman 1 is amazing!

Back of the book seems pretty sharp but there does appear to be one slight tear in the lower right corner.

The amateur restoration bothers me the most on it :sick:

Pretty impressive group from HA this time. A few questions:

(1) I wonder if Bat 1 will clear 400k?

(2) What's your opinion of double covers? Regarding this auction, Green Lantern 1 (9.0) is a double. Does it make the comic more valuable?

(3) Why does HA seem to offer, every auction, at least one copy of Hansi, the Girl Who Loves the Swastica? I swear it comes up every auction. Weird.

1) I think it will, yes. Might go for 20% higher than that.

2) They do add value - whether it's significant or not depends on the eye appeal of the outer cover. With the GL 1, it may matter less simply because the book will sell due to the grade.

3) Someone at Heritage clearly likes that book or has a stash of them. Probably the latter.

My guess is that someone has a stack and they're bleeding them off one-by-one.

Or it could just be "one of those things" - Jerry Weist had/attempted to have a 'Man From Planet X' (very cool book, btw) in every one of his auctions for some reason.