• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dont you just love it when

8 posts in this topic

you are all set up to bid/buy a book on ebay, its a no reserve auction and the bid is up to a whopping 99cents.

its getting ready to end, just a few hours left and then. POOF. the book is no longer for sale.

The book belongs to the seller and they can do whatever they want with it, but, it does peterb me when they list a no reserve auction and then pull the book when the finish line is in sight.

If there are bidders, I don't think they can pull the auction when there are only hours left. I think within the final 12 hours, no bids can be retracted and the auction cannot be pulled.

It's a good reason to put in a courtesy bid (even if it's just $1.00) to lock in the auction and remind yourself to close the deal later.

that maybe, but the auction had a bid and less that 12 hours to go, and it said "item no longer available"

oh well

Under that circumstance, the buyer is obligated by ebay to sell it to the high bidder for the current bid price. That's what the help section of the ebay site says. But the CGC boards are where you find out the real rules of ebay. :)