• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bryan Cranston as Luthor in Man of Steel sequel

54 posts in this topic

First off, that chick has to go. Second, Cranston can do no wrong!! (worship)

I'm all for Bryan Cranston as Lex in the sequel.

Cranston has proven himself a very good & serious actor.

Have you seen Breaking Bad?

I think he be would make an awesome Lex Luthor.

Or WB could cast a black actor to play Luthor like in Superman:The Animated Series.

Either way,Luther will have to show up soon or later.

Wait, what? LL wasn't a black guy in Superman TAS.

-slym

First off, that chick has to go. Second, Cranston can do no wrong!! (worship)

I'm all for Bryan Cranston as Lex in the sequel.

Cranston has proven himself a very good & serious actor.

Have you seen Breaking Bad?

I think he be would make an awesome Lex Luthor.

Or WB could cast a black actor to play Luthor like in Superman:The Animated Series.

Either way,Luther will have to show up soon or later.

Wait, what? LL wasn't a black guy in Superman TAS.

-slym

He looked black to me in Superman:TAS.

It'd be cool to get Luthor in there without making him the main antagonist. He could be a bad guy, or at least an unscrupulous player, without having to be the #1 focus of the story.

I like this suggested approach.

I'd love to see something like the Mongul/Warworld stories, where another Starlin creation (and Wein) has the strength to take on Superman and force him to go above and beyond.

Mongulgibbson2.png

I think seeing Luthor in the movies is a great idea - just not as "the bad guy." Let's see him as the smiling face of the city that is corrupt underneath, but let's not see him as Supermans' main villain in any movie. Maybe a minor thorn in Supe's side at best. And Cranston would be a great choice for the role.

hm

:(

-slym

I think seeing Luthor in the movies is a great idea - just not as "the bad guy." Let's see him as the smiling face of the city that is corrupt underneath, but let's not see him as Supermans' main villain in any movie. Maybe a minor thorn in Supe's side at best. And Cranston would be a great choice for the role.

hm

-slym

I like this suggested approach, too.

:baiting:

I could see Luthor if they took a different approach with him., He is scientist/businessman who basically controls the city and is untouchable...Maybe the public ends up loving him as he steps up and basically rebuilds Metropolis after the Kryptonian invasion but really it is all a cover for his evil plans (not evil real estate plans this time though - Maybe a way to figure out how to get power like Superman?)

Lex could even be the guy manufacturing supervillains (Parasite, Mentallo) to give Supes grief but Supes can't prove it so he can't just punch his way out of it. More of a battle of wits.

(shrug)

As for other villains, I think Mongul would be great...Imagine the destruction in the sequel!!! I also think BRANIAC, the bad- robot looking version would be awesome in a Superman movie. Oh yeah, what about Desparo?????

Or for a real fun twist...Starr-O the Conquer??? Make it like an invasion of the body snatchers type of thing???

The JLU: The Animated Series, did they not do a story where Lex was the pawn of Braniac (or was it Darkseid)? I can't remember exactly but I remember it worked pretty well.

Man I miss the JLU: The Animated Series...

The LexCorp tankers establish Luthor as a biz tycoon ala animated series. So a couple of "I can't be connected to that in any way" scenes wouldn't hurt. Small role, like Perry White or Emil Hamilton. Shadowy evil Superman suspects but can't touch.

Keep Superman epic. And for god's sake don't make Luthor an evil realtor.

Bringing Lex into the sequel will kill any chances this franchise has. They really should do parasite or doomsday and give audiences something new.

Those are the exact two villains I would suggest.

I am sick of seeing Lex Luthor and I'm sick of seeing his origin retold.

DG

I agree as well, to a point. You could have Lex Luthor if you had a Doomsday or Parasite. Luthor would have to be intertwined into the story - such as looking for way to kill Superman and he comes across an ancient ultimate Kryptonian weapon.

I would much rather see a Braniac. It would be on the scale necessary and could easily be written. At the end of the film, Braniac gets defeated and activates his failsafe for the next film - Doomsday.

Bringing Lex into the sequel will kill any chances this franchise has. They really should do parasite or doomsday and give audiences something new.

Those are the exact two villains I would suggest.

I am sick of seeing Lex Luthor and I'm sick of seeing his origin retold.

DG

Lex could be the secondary villain, a nice sub-plot.

hm

I'm ok with LL being in a sequel but he needs to be a behind the scenes villain but as others have said the main villain needs to be someone with super powers like Doomsday or Darkseid that can go toe to toe with SM.

The LL thing is been there done that....

i read today that Snyder wants Mark "Sinestro" Strong

I read that.

EXCLUSIVE: ZACK SNYDER WANTS MARK STRONG AS LEX LUTHOR FOR MAN OF STEEL 2

But then I noticed the news about the WB movie president that was responsible for bringing in hristopher Nolan, David Goyer and Zack Snyder leaving the studio this year.

JEFF ROBINOV EXITING WARNER BROS. MOVIES

Hopefully this doesn't lead to creative teams departing as well.