• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I finally put my finger on why I didn't like MOS

32 posts in this topic

The point I didn't like the movie is when he didn't rescue his Dad during the tornado. It was a lame scene that I did not like.

I didn't like that scene either but it showed how much Pa Kent believed in the importance of Clark to the Earth and how protecting his secret was worth dieing for.

The point I didn't like the movie is when he didn't rescue his Dad during the tornado. It was a lame scene that I did not like.

I didn't like that scene either but it showed how much Pa Kent believed in the importance of Clark to the Earth and how protecting his secret was worth dieing for.

hm

You make too much sense. I'm not sure you are going to survive here.

:baiting:

He seems very guilty, conflicted, hated killing Zod. That's more than a lot of his enemies would be capable of feeling - Luthor, Brainiac, etc., who are basically self-serving sociopaths.

I thought that response and pain was conveyed quite well - clearly making him very different to his opposition, and a valid means to understand why he'll try his utmost never to kill again. A reason why he has such an aversion to the act.

Maybe a bit dark for some, but for me much better than a superficial Captain Marvel persona, which provides no real explanation whatsoever.

Superman has always found a way to win without killing. One might argue that once you have crossed that line, it will be harder not to do it again, if the situation arises.

I haven't seen the movie. Probably won't until I get the DVD. Wish I was more interested in it, but all of this sort of makes me say ....meh.

He seems very guilty, conflicted, hated killing Zod. That's more than a lot of his enemies would be capable of feeling - Luthor, Brainiac, etc., who are basically self-serving sociopaths.

I thought that response and pain was conveyed quite well - clearly making him very different to his opposition, and a valid means to understand why he'll try his utmost never to kill again. A reason why he has such an aversion to the act.

Maybe a bit dark for some, but for me much better than a superficial Captain Marvel persona, which provides no real explanation whatsoever.

:applause:

Superman has always found a way to win without killing. One might argue that once you have crossed that line, it will be harder not to do it again, if the situation arises.

I haven't seen the movie. Probably won't until I get the DVD. Wish I was more interested in it, but all of this sort of makes me say ....meh.

Why do people keep saying that? He has killed in the past. If handled well, Superman killing can be powerful storytelling. If handled poorly, Superman getting out of a situation where it looks he'll be forced to kill is lame and boring.

Weird that folks have a hard time figuring that Superman did the only thing he could to neutralize a being who was virtually unstoppable

and out to kill or destroy everything (shrug) I mean what choice did he really have?

Dale you do know that Superman has killed a couple times before in the comics right?

Dealers. :slapfight: (I am doing the macho man salute for you now)

this

The argument that tires me the most is that if I don't like it it's because I'm stuck on a Reeves Superman and I should embrace the changes to adapt to the current generation. I think that's compostable_fertilizer. Superman DOES NOT kill, period.

Nobody is telling you that you must love Man of Steel. If you don't like it, you are actually in good company with many others that have not.

But Superman does kill other beings.

- Superman Vol 2, #22 (Zod & company)

2932470-Superman_kills_01.jpg

- Superman Vol 2, #75 (Doomsday)

doomsday-vs-superman-001_480_poster.jpg

- Superman Vol. 3 #3 (Heather)

2932482-tsup_03_019_copy.jpg

It would appear Superman, when forced into a situation where a being offers him no choice in order to protect the masses, will do what he must. But with regrets.

I forgot about this one until someone sent me a PM reminder.

- Action Comics #583 (Mxyxptlk)

Alan Moore's amazing contribution to the Superman "ending", with the line "That's right, Mxyxptlk. Time to die."

Screen-Shot-2013-06-17-at-8.31.14-AM.png

Looks like Superman continues to take necessary steps, when forced to.

:whistle:

Dale you do know that Superman has killed a couple times before in the comics right?

Dealers. :slapfight: (I am doing the macho man salute for you now)

Not in any Superman book I have ever read. Must be some lame from the John Byrne run....