• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New Dr. Strange movie plot details

8 posts in this topic

A few suggestions for a great Dr. Strange movie:

1. A beautiful 3D Dark Dimension, Ditko style...

2. Dormammu

3. Get the origin story over with the first 45 minutes so we can see magic/dimensional travel stuff, which is much more interesting. We already have a bunch of movies and TV shows that have the hero travel up a mountain to an ancient temple to perfect their powers by way of an "Ancient One" (Batman Begins, Kill Bill 2, Kung Fu Panda, Beverly Hills Ninja, the Kung Fu TV show are just some examples off the top of my head). It's part of the Marvel canon, so it has to be there, but its been done a million times and has become a tired film cliche.

4. You need an actor with gravitas that can pull off the part. If Daniel Day Lewis would only agree to play a superhero! Never thought Adrian Brody looked quite right for it.

5. I would love to see Eternity make an appearance.

6. My suggestion for Clea? Valorie Curry

7. A director like Guillermo Del Toro or someone with a good track record for both horror and action films.

8. Avoid making this movie another flop like Disney's "The Sorcerer" with Nic Cage by giving Dr. Strange a costume that resembles the one in the comics. If it's just some guy in an overcoat doing spells, it may as well be Constantine 2.

9. The look of the film: Besides the usual Marvel palette, when it comes to the look of the film, I would go 60's retro Mad Men right into wild psychedelia once the magic stuff starts happening.

10. Keep some of Stan's cheesy spells and icons that defined the early stories and paved the foundation for Marvel's magical mythology. I want to hear the words "Hoggoth, "Cyttorak", "Watoomb" at least once. The Eye of Agamotto's appearance should be a given, but it would also be nice to see things like The Book of Vishanti and Cloak of Levitation.

3. Get the origin story over with the first 45 minutes so we can see magic/dimensional travel stuff, which is much more interesting. We already have a bunch of movies and TV shows that have the hero travel up a mountain to an ancient temple to perfect their powers by way of an "Ancient One" (Batman Begins, Kill Bill 2, Kung Fu Panda, Beverly Hills Ninja, the Kung Fu TV show are just some examples off the top of my head). It's part of the Marvel canon, so it has to be there, but its been done a million times and has become a tired film cliche.

5 minutes...

I know im weird but I really enjoy the 70's Dr. Strange movie, his costume is right on too, and its a great movie(to be made in the 70's), much better than its counterparts, spider-man and captain America, though maybe not as good as the Incredible Hulk series.

gonna be interesting to see a mystical marvel movie, just like its gonna be interesting to see a space born GOTG movie.

5 minutes...

A "recap" during the opening credits. The first Dr. Strange story wasn't even an origin. It was his fourth appearance, I think, before they did his origin, and even then, it was not a big deal.

Although, the scene in Batman Begins really had a lot of the same elements - climbing to the mountaintop to meet the wise old man and get trained.

Some of the greatest movie franchises never did a real origin story - 007, Godzilla, etc.