• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tips on shipping an Omnibus?

6 posts in this topic

Boardies,

I have mailed floppies, single CGC books and Original art with great results. I have never shipped an omnibus and want some opinions before I try. I am thinking wrapping the book, two pieces of cardboard then peanuts around that. I do not have the experience of shipping a heavy book and want to do it safely. Should I pad it with bubble wrap then peanuts? Is there a USPS Priority box that would accommodate this or should I pony up for a different box? All help would be greatly appreciated as I want to do it right the first time and every time after!

Thanks,

Joe

Boardies,

I have mailed floppies, single CGC books and Original art with great results. I have never shipped an omnibus and want some opinions before I try. I am thinking wrapping the book, two pieces of cardboard then peanuts around that. I do not have the experience of shipping a heavy book and want to do it safely. Should I pad it with bubble wrap then peanuts? Is there a USPS Priority box that would accommodate this or should I pony up for a different box? All help would be greatly appreciated as I want to do it right the first time and every time after!

Thanks,

Joe

Different box for sure but ive shipped like 10 just wrapping them nice and tight in bubble wrap with zero problems (thumbs u

Get some sort of bag over/around the book, bubble-wrap it to death, put it in larger box and fill voids with styrofoam popcorn/peanuts. Make sure the styrofoam is packed in tightly, so vibration from transit won't cause the book to shift in the box (even though it is bubble wrapped - why take chances?)

My 2c

-slym

I usually treat hardcovers as I’d treat a stack of backed & boarded comics.

First, I wrap them up tightly in sturdy wrapping paper.

Then I secure the package between two larger cardboard pieces with lots of tape, to avoid possible detachment due to bumps and the like and then I add strong paper tape all around.

Finally, I could either bubble wrap the thing or simply put it into a plastic bag and re-tape it tightly and put it into a good padded envelope.

I generally do not use boxes, as almost all the damaged goods I received where shipped in boxes, and the damage was because the books were shifted in the box.

I have used small boxes when the material was a lot, used the same strategy suggested by Slym and stuffed an amount of newspaper’s paper instead of the peanuts.

Hope this helps. :)