• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FS: GL by Adams, Cap 100, Creepy 1, Nova 1, more! - FINAL PRICE DROPS p. 5

49 posts in this topic

:news:

PLEASE SEE PAGE 5 FOR CURRENT (6/28) PRICE REDUCTIONS AND FREE SHIPPING OFFER!

---------------------------------------------------------------

Up for sale tonight and over the next few days are some goodies from my personal stash: a very nice batch of raw Green Lanterns by Neal Adams (I've decided I'm just not a long-term DC guy), plus some SA and BA Marvel keys/semi-keys (most of these will be my nicer copies; I'm down-grading, and hanging on to my lower grade books! :insane: ).

---------------------------------------------------------------

DOMESTIC US SHIPPING:

• $6 for up to 4 comics, VERY securely packed, in a fully-insured Priority Mail ENVELOPE.

• $13 for up to 40 comics, VERY securely packed, in a fully-insured Priority Mail BOX.

***IMPORTANT NOTE: The boxed option is the required method of shipment for any number of books whose total listed price in the thread adds up to $100 or more.***

• Very sorry -- NO international shipping for these books.

TERMS:

:takeit: in the thread trumps all, but PM offers will be cheerfully considered.

• NO probies, HOS'ers, etc.

• PayPal is strongly preferred, and payment is due within 3 days of the PM invoice date unless we've made other arrangements.

• I usually ship within one day of receipt of payment; sometimes the same day, if I'm working from home!

Need larger scans? Interior pics? More info? Please feel free to PM me.

Finally, my feedback thread is located here (under my old username, but it's still me) -- as a former US Postal Service employee, I tend to get very high marks for my packaging and shipping, mostly because I know what NOT to do. . .! :grin:

My feedback thread!

First books will be up in a few. Thanks for looking!

Didn't bid on a single CLink book...so maybe I'll buy something in here!

Are you taking requests for those on the east coast?

:sorry: Wish I had enough stuff for sale to take requests...!

I'll only be listing a few books tonight -- the rest will be up tomorrow evening...

Iron Man #47: Origin re-told w/art by Barry Smith. Great stuff, and a classic cover, too!

Dust shadow on the bc; very small scuff on the fc near the spine above IM's boot, otherwise VF/NM or better. Very sharp!

$45 SOLD!!!

iron-man47a.jpg

iron-man47b.jpg

Nova #1: After all these years, this still seems like an under-valued key to me -- if you were 10 years-old or so when it came out (like I was), this was your Amazing Spider-Man #1. VF/NM, or maybe a bit better.

$38 SOLD!!!

nova1a.jpg

nova1b.jpg

Captain America #100: Light pencil marks on FC (tracing the outline of the Black Panther figure); 1"-long black marker/ink mark in top gutter of splash page; marker/ink marks on inside back cover (some of which bleed through to BC).

Solid, complete, readable, nice paper -- cheap key! Good+.

$38 SOLD!!!

cap100a.jpg

cap100b.jpg

Captain America #100: Light pencil marks on FC (tracing the outline of the Black Panther figure); 1"-long black marker/ink mark in top gutter of splash page; marker/ink marks on inside back cover (some of which bleed through to BC).

$38

cap100a.jpg

cap100b.jpg

:takeit:

$38

:takeit:

(thumbs u All yours, thanks!

Hero for Hire #1: Sweet Christmas! A classic Marvel blaxploitation book from '72, which finally seems to be getting its due. And talk about a "gritty" cover!!

Very bright cover colors & deep cover inks on this one -- highly glossy, too. Light tanning to the edges of the front and back covers (amplified by the scans). Fine- (but looks and feels nicer than that in-hand).

$55 SOLD!!!

heroforhire1a.jpg

heroforhire1b.jpg

Creepy #1: Awesome Frazetta!

Very presentable copy w/mostly ncb wear and a faint water stain to the upper lhc of the fc (does not migrate to the interior). Fine+.

NOTE: Boxed shipping only for this item.

$50

creepy1-a.jpg

creepy1-b.jpg

Up next is a nice looking run of Green Lantern/Green Arrow comics by Denny O'Neil and Neal Adams: #76 - 89.

I started putting this set together 7 or 8 years ago (this is probably the 3rd or 4th set I've owned in nearly 40 years of collecting), but I never managed to complete it: #83 is missing; so is #88, but that's a reprint issue with no interior art by Adams, so I never really bothered with it.

Some of these copies are pretty nice, and all of them present well in the Mylar (even those in the Fine - VF range): page quality is generally in the ow/w category, and none of them have been pressed or manipulated in any way while they've been in my possession.

Green Lantern #89: Classic crucifixion cover by Adams, and his last work on the title. I'm going with VF/NM on this one, but I think that may be slightly conservative. It's a very nice copy.

$95

GL89a.jpg

GL89b.jpg