• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Spawn #222 Kudranski Variant

37 posts in this topic

I remember this issue. My LCS had it at the back with the other regular cover. I had it and asked for any info on it (if it's 1:50, or 100 or 10) my guy didn't even realized that there was a different cover. He told me I can have it for regular price.   I passed on it, since I think it was a big week for me on that Wednesday. When I got home I looked at the internet to see what's all the fuss is about. As soon as I heard about this, I called up my LCS and asked the book to be put on hold. He said that 2 minutes after I left "somebody brought". 

To to this day I regret it, and maybe for the rest of my life:cry: :pullhair:doh!

12 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

Such a neat story behind this book. Fun to watch them sell.

The reason I was looking up this book this week is that a friend who died last year had a copy I sold him raw for $100 when it came out. He got it graded and it came back a 9.8, his widow got in touch with me about which of his books she should sell. I told her to hold onto it a bit longer

I just bought a collection a few weeks back and the person had a ton of moderns and pointed out all the keys to me except this book. I wasn't looking up every book one by one and stumbled across it. 

Suffice to say its in for cgc grading as we speak. Shocking find as I knew nothing about it 

4 hours ago, Rezin1234 said:

I just bought a collection a few weeks back and the person had a ton of moderns and pointed out all the keys to me except this book. I wasn't looking up every book one by one and stumbled across it. 

Suffice to say its in for cgc grading as we speak. Shocking find as I knew nothing about it 

Welcome to the Boards :) and CONGRATS on the buy ;) 

On ‎7‎/‎2‎/‎2017 at 8:40 AM, Lonzilla said:

The reason I was looking up this book this week is that a friend who died last year had a copy I sold him raw for $100 when it came out. He got it graded and it came back a 9.8, his widow got in touch with me about which of his books she should sell. I told her to hold onto it a bit longer

Any particular reason why you told her to hold onto it a bit longer?  This isn't a book that is driven by any factor (movie, first appearance, etc...) other than it being a rare variant.

On 7/10/2017 at 0:22 PM, AnthonyTheAbyss said:

Any particular reason why you told her to hold onto it a bit longer?  This isn't a book that is driven by any factor (movie, first appearance, etc...) other than it being a rare variant.

Just that with so few high grade copies available at any given time, I don't believe it has hit its ceiling yet.

Sorry it took me a month to reply but ever since they  improved  effed up the boards, I'm rarely logged in on here anymore

On 7/10/2017 at 1:53 PM, SquareChaos said:

I don't know anything about this book, so I wished someone had bothered to drop an image of it in the thread... since no one had, here we go:

1149fb6fe8626e0b5ddb6e9f7cfab445_xl__721

the mexican variant seems to not have the 20 years at the top corner for some reason