• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A Chart showing The Top Conventions in North America?

43 posts in this topic

I think a strong argument can be made that the facebook account that posted this picture also created the picture. So its obviously biased. 2c

The chart was made in photoshop. Doesn't that tell you something?

Canada is well-represented with 4 out of the top 15 spots on the cart, but I wouldn't think newer cons like Vancouver and Calgary stack up against the larger, established cons throughout the U.S. No offence to Western Canada, but it seems misleading to list these cons as among the biggest in NA based on numbers from only one year.

Calgary is now a huge show. Last year was insane with huge lineups and problems and I suspect the 60,000 plus attendance could have hit 75k if the venue was bigger and the fire marshal hadn't locked it down.

This year Calgary sold out of passes well before the show opened and there were none for sale at the door.

Next year Calgary is adding Thursday to the show making it a 4 day event. It isn't a mirage, the attendance numbers are solid. Calgary is at the center of an oil boom; the unemployment rate is low and wages are high and people come to this show with money in their wallet.