• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What you collect sux thread

89 posts in this topic

Get it out of your system, let the boards know what type of comics you hate.

Photo covers

boring giveaways

"metallic" ink variants

90s team comics with Liefeldian art.

Disrupted story arcs so the book can tie-in to the annual "event".

Big-eye Manga

psychedelic undergrounds with mediocre art and too much text

In my short time of collecting I really don't like modern comics much with the exception for a few and I hate 90s books

I disagree and here is why...

I am totally all about the Valiant relaunch... only thing I actually enjoy reading.

The current direction that they have taken Amazing Spider-man since 2008 has me reminiscing fondly about the Clone Saga era...

In my short time of collecting I really don't like modern comics much with the exception for a few and I hate 90s books

I disagree and here is why...

I am totally all about the Valiant relaunch... only thing I actually enjoy reading.

The current direction that they have taken Amazing Spider-man since 2008 has me reminiscing fondly about the Clone Saga era...

My brother got some valiant stuff but it never really grabbed my attention. I really only like older c books I can't get into the 90s,modern stuff and most of it I really disliked/hate....

Good god! I've spent almost 12,000 posts letting you damn people know Pedigree Avengers rock and everything else suxs! You people really still don't understand that?!? :baiting:

:shy:

I'm tired of "dark and gritty"

I'm sick of "ninjas"

I'm sick of a hero being present in multiple generation using the same name. (If anyone can wear the costume or title, the character must not be that great.)

I'm tired of variant covers.

I'm sick of covers where something has to glow. I get that the colorist knows how to use photoshop.

I'm sick of "staredown" cover with heroes standing around staring at reader with their chest poked out. Do something. Entice me to pick up a comic.

I'm tired of listing...maybe I'll continue later.

DG

Variants, variants VAriants, VARiants, VariantS, VaRiAnTs,

18 million different variants for every dadburn book that comes out that may actually sell more than 1000 copies.

IM SICK OF EM! Deadpool variants, Baby Variants, Zombie Variants, MiniMe Variants, there are millions of em. the list goes on and on. Now Video game variants. ARGH

:ohnoez:

I'm sick of lie detectors on talk shows. And reality tv about mundane jobs. And Chrysler. And people who think it's okay to eat pizza because the crust is whole wheat.