• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cerebus 1 & 2 CGC White Pages - Price Drop

22 posts in this topic

2 Books tonight, Cerebus 1 and 2 both CGC'd both with White pages.

PMs are welcome but an :takeit: in the thread wins.

Check or MO preferred. Paypal OK but you pay the 3% on these since I'm covering the postage in the USA. Canadians pay exact postage and Insurance.

No HOSers or probation members.

Cerebus 1 CGC 8.0 VF WHITE Pages

There are 2 8.0s on ebay right now for $1700+ and neither have white pages.

This one does and it is a lot cheaper at:

$1250 Now $1150

005_zpsc2bcbc1f.jpg

006_zps4f73137b.jpg

007_zpsea595cbe.jpg

008_zpsee951ead.jpg

Hey Tom. Nice to meet you as well. Thanks for the kind words!

You too Tyler! Now, buy my books :baiting:

or trade me; you know what I want!

I'm quite surprised that no one has snagged one or both of these.

BUMP from the guy that already has both or he'd be on these like Scrooge McDuck on a gold nugget

Great book... I always thought this is one book that has suffered from the signature series being how the highest graded copy is a 9.0... but there are 6 higher ALL signature series. Nearly 20% of all CGC copies of this issue are signed. It's nice to see one that actually isn't.

Considering that there were (working from memory here) apx 2000 copies printed, and considering how many shows Sim attended in the last 35 years, unsigned copies may be scarcer than autographed copies, lol

Believe it's more like 1600 copies. 2000 printed of 1- 5 but some of the #1s were thrown out due to printing issues, it was estimated - wish I could remember where I read this - by, if I'm not mistaken sim himself @1600

Believe it's more like 1600 copies. 2000 printed of 1- 5 but some of the #1s were thrown out due to printing issues, it was estimated - wish I could remember where I read this - by, if I'm not mistaken sim himself @1600

:whistle:

No that's BS and I think confused information. Where that is relevant is cerebus 1; the stated circulation for 1-5 is 2000 copies each but there was conjecture the #1 was lower # in the 1200-1500 range as a result of printing problems on the first issue. Not sure that I trust that it was really that many copies turfed, but I could see it happening on a few anyways as the legend has always been that some cerebus 1's were no higher than vf when they came back from the printers.

In regards to Cerebus #1, Sim gave away close to half the print run of #1 to libraries, schools, dentist's offices, etc - as far as I know, that's where the "half the print run was destroyed" myth comes from.