• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Best of the Best Green Lanterns

119 posts in this topic

The challenge has been laid out.

Challenger 1

Owner: Miraclemet

Artist: Darryl Bank$

06kOEgo.jpg

Challenger 2

Artist: M. Sta Maria

Owner: Ultramanking

1079907_628567827175579_78951998_n-2_zps78ff08b0.jpg

Challenger 3

Owner: Goldeneye

Artist: Adams/Grell

null_zpsbd6d5560.jpg

The Winner earns the rights to take on the champ for:

For the Prize of:

Best of the Best Green Lantern

Wanna know... did you get the Neal first, or the Grell?

Im wondering because for decades Neal had a BIG issue with Grell, so I wondered if he was handed a book with Grell's art on it would he draw along side it?

But maybe $$ is $$ at this point and he's moved past his righteous indignation...

ps congrats on the win, I guess losing to such iconic artists drawing iconic images isnt the worst way to go down.

Im wondering because for decades Neal had a BIG issue with Grell, so I wondered if he was handed a book with Grell's art on it would he draw along side it?

But maybe $$ is $$ at this point and he's moved past his righteous indignation...

ps congrats on the win, I guess losing to such iconic artists drawing iconic images isnt the worst way to go down.

Neal came first, but he knew up front that I was going to get Grell to do the other half the comic. If your willing to pay his 1200 rate a figure I don't think he cares too much. I will say this Neal insisted on seeing the comic when finished completely.

Neal came first, but he knew up front that I was going to get Grell to do the other half the comic. If your willing to pay his 1200 rate a figure I don't think he cares too much. I will say this Neal insisted on seeing the comic when finished completely.

what was his reaction to the finished cover?

what was his reaction to the finished cover?

I am not sure Doug showed it to him at the show when he picked it up for me. So Doug may know better.

Just came in the mail today the Adams/Grell combo graded.

(worship)

$1425 in the end plus CGC fees. If your thinking about getting Grell order from him ahead of time and have him bring it to the con. Grell has alot more options available that way at cons he only does pencils. I went through Catskill Comics like Miraclemet said. This is a pencil/ink/watercolor he did of Black Canary for me $325 it currently is my favorite piece in my collection.

<a  href=7f908fd3-fa11-40fa-8ad5-2bac817d7ba2_zps

The challenge has been laid out.

The Challenger...

Owner: Goldeneye

Artist: Neal Adams and Mike Grell

cc6fff5b-d82c-43ea-b860-087fac316e28_zpsc306792a.jpg

Vs.

The Champ...

Owner: TheMightyJohn

Artist: Ethan Van Sciver

7wm9.jpg

For the Prize of: