• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Deadpool 2nd Appearance

146 posts in this topic

I believe it was x-force 2 and is labeled so by CGC.

This is why i want to sort this out. CGC has been wrong before and in this case i believe they are again.

At the end of the gold 2nd print for X-Force 1 there is an id card similar to the ones on the back of G.I.Joe toys or in the marvel Encyclopedia comics. Dead pool IS pictured there. This addition is only in the reprint which predates the issue 2 of the X-Force series. i ask because despite high a print run for issue 2 there has been some interest in that issue as a second appearance. I don't know what the print run was for the gold 2nd of issue 1 but i suspect it was much lower than issue 2.

It's not just the X-Force 1 2nd print that has the Cable Guide profiles.

th_Xforce1_Deadpool_zps24273b95.jpeg

True. But I have never seen the Deadpool one printed anywhere before the Gold Reprint.

It is a cool little piece of Deadpool history. But I think a profile snapshot may not qualify as an appearance. Deadpool completest will want it, though.

:bump:

This seems to be picking up a little steam. Who spread the word?

(:

This is why i want to sort this out. CGC has been wrong before and in this case i believe they are again.

At the end of the gold 2nd print for X-Force 1 there is an id card similar to the ones on the back of G.I.Joe toys or in the marvel Encyclopedia comics. Dead pool IS pictured there. This addition is only in the reprint which predates the issue 2 of the X-Force series. i ask because despite high a print run for issue 2 there has been some interest in that issue as a second appearance. I don't know what the print run was for the gold 2nd of issue 1 but i suspect it was much lower than issue 2.

True. But I have never seen the Deadpool one printed anywhere before the Gold Reprint.

It is a cool little piece of Deadpool history. But I think a profile snapshot may not qualify as an appearance. Deadpool completest will want it, though.

:bump:

This seems to be picking up a little steam. Who spread the word?

(:

What're you basing this on? I checked eBay after reading this and found these books were still not selling for $1 as usual...

Since this thread has now been bumped and this was somehow never clarified earlier...

THE DEADPOOL "CABLE GUIDE" IS IN THE FIRST PRINT!!!

Since this thread has now been bumped and this was somehow never clarified earlier...

THE DEADPOOL "CABLE GUIDE" IS IN THE FIRST PRINT!!!

It was clarified. Even included a picture of the image.

It's actually an interesting little snapshot.

What're you basing this on? I checked eBay after reading this and found these books were still not selling for $1 as usual...

:jokealert:

Someone sent me a PM that they felt this book was about to take off because they found out there was a Deadpool image that nobody talks about on here.

:ohnoez:

Why's this significant? Am I missing something? (shrug) It's not like his first appearance was a cameo or a one panel in the shadow outline.

Some collectors (probably quite a few, with the way Deadpool is appreciated) will want the first few early appearances in their collection. So anything containing the character's image will become a focus for them.

Kind of like characters like The Goon where preview material was spread out across a couple of comics. Die hards will want any of that to feel like they have the character's early art completely covered.

all they have to do is walk 5 feet into a comic shop and they will trip over a six foot tall stack of unread polybagged x-force 1s next to the table made out of turok 1s, so I don't think this will require much effort on the part of "die hards" who presumably have this stuff already. at least they can narrow it down to the x-force 1 with the cable card. which i admit i have a few of "just in case" along with x-force 2s.

x-force 2 sells for $1-$4 on ebay with some regularity. nothing to get excited about, but i suppose if you have an ebay store and 50 copies you can put them up for $3 a piece and sell them at a nice calm pace and hope people buy other stuff too.

Oh yeah. And hulk 184 would be a very early wolverine appearance since he's on the letter page.

smiley_nah.gif

62346.jpg

hulk181-3.jpg

I wonder if that letter from Mr. Stewart was a plant by marvel? This isn't an appearance, it is a reprint of the panel, but that letter has nostradamus written all over it (although i guess he's referred to as a mutant at some point, no? so maybe it wasn't all that psychic) and actually makes 184 an interesting book to own just for that.

all they have to do is walk 5 feet into a comic shop and they will trip over a six foot tall stack of unread polybagged x-force 1s next to the table made out of turok 1s, so I don't think this will require much effort on the part of "die hards" who presumably have this stuff already. at least they can narrow it down to the x-force 1 with the cable card. which i admit i have a few of "just in case" along with x-force 2s.

x-force 2 sells for $1-$4 on ebay with some regularity. nothing to get excited about, but i suppose if you have an ebay store and 50 copies you can put them up for $3 a piece and sell them at a nice calm pace and hope people buy other stuff too.

I don't think anyone said these were valuable or scarce. Well, other than when some are conducting a sales thread. Then, all bets are off.

(:

The question was why would anyone care about something like X-Force #1. It comes down to what they appreciate. That's all.

Why Marvel hasn't come out with a second gold print of NM 98 is beyond me. Cheesy gimmicks that are sure to sell 75,000 copies? there you go. maybe add a page in the back.

You definitely know collectors would take to it. Especially with anything that can be considered new material included.

Why Marvel hasn't come out with a second gold print of NM 98 is beyond me. Cheesy gimmicks that are sure to sell 75,000 copies? there you go. maybe add a page in the back.

You definitely know collectors would take to it. Especially with anything that can be considered new material included.

I don't even think they'd need new material. Those silver bordered Marvel Milestone books that reprinted keys did just fine without new material. They could do a new batch with NM #98, Secret Wars #8, ASM #300, and other books like that.

Just make it a chromium cover NM 98 and print 250,000 with a $9.99 cover price.

They'd be gone in a month... max.

The only flaws in the ten years later ASM300 chromium reprint was low print run and weird official name "Marvel Collectible Classics #1"?

Call it what Ebay sellers will... New Mutants 98 Chromium VARIANT 1st Ever DEADPOOL HOTTT!TT!TT CGC 10 9.9 9.8 RARE!

I think it needs to be a second print of NM 98 because there are a lot of people who would love to have the first few deadpool appearances but can't afford a real 98. can't be a milestones version and i don't know if a $9.99 chromium edition would have the same feel.....(and shops might be scared to load up, while a $2.99-$3.99 second print....)

people are out there collecting NM 87 second prints as we speak!

As for new material... I'm not sure. Adding a 2-4 page back-up story...maybe some twist on the origin or tales of grandpappy deadool...or lady deadpool.....might sell them an extra 20 or 30K copies, but would it still be a second print then?

i know, come out with a second print

and two months later come out with silver edition third print with the new stuff in there