• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Deadpool 2nd Appearance

146 posts in this topic

Why stop the money grab at 3rd or 4th print? Just think of all the possibilities with changing color schemes and backgrounds like Batman Killing Joke and ASM 583 or all new covers like ASM 700 and V3 #1.

Then instead of buying all the variants/printings people could save and buy 1st print (thumbs u

Why stop the money grab at 3rd or 4th print? Just think of all the possibilities with changing color schemes and backgrounds like Batman Killing Joke and ASM 583 or all new covers like ASM 700 and V3 #1.

Then instead of buying all the variants/printings people could save and buy 1st print (thumbs u

If the first print goes up a zillion dollars, the publisher still only gets their cut of cover price. But if they can get you to buy 5 or 6 copies of the same story, they make 5-6 times the money and the first print is much less likely to go up a zillion dollars. It is reasonable for publishers, who don't really benefit from price increases in the secondary market (at least not directly), to try to capture some of that cash that would normally go to the secondary market for a first print through a multiple printing strategy. Even with new covers they'd still turn a profit on them and increase their take on the same story. Hell, if they can afford JSC and his women with dirty noses for every other variant they must be making something on them.

I believe it was x-force 2 and is labeled so by CGC.

This is why i want to sort this out. CGC has been wrong before and in this case i believe they are again.

At the end of the gold 2nd print for X-Force 1 there is an id card similar to the ones on the back of G.I.Joe toys or in the marvel Encyclopedia comics. Dead pool IS pictured there. This addition is only in the reprint which predates the issue 2 of the X-Force series. i ask because despite high a print run for issue 2 there has been some interest in that issue as a second appearance. I don't know what the print run was for the gold 2nd of issue 1 but i suspect it was much lower than issue 2.

It's not just the X-Force 1 2nd print that has the Cable Guide profiles.

th_Xforce1_Deadpool_zps24273b95.jpeg

True. But I have never seen the Deadpool one printed anywhere before the Gold Reprint.

It is a cool little piece of Deadpool history. But I think a profile snapshot may not qualify as an appearance. Deadpool completest will want it, though.

:bump:

This seems to be picking up a little steam. Who spread the word?

(:

An appearance does not require a narrative. If the gold reprint of issue 1 predates issue 2 then it's the 2nd appearance of Deadpool.

I also have a chromium machine in my basement and am currently printing chromium NM 98's as we speak. I will offer them to anyone for 9.99 shipping to interested parties unless you are Canadian.

If the first print goes up a zillion dollars, the publisher still only gets their cut of cover price. But if they can get you to buy 5 or 6 copies of the same story, they make 5-6 times the money and the first print is much less likely to go up a zillion dollars. It is reasonable for publishers, who don't really benefit from price increases in the secondary market (at least not directly), to try to capture some of that cash that would normally go to the secondary market for a first print through a multiple printing strategy. Even with new covers they'd still turn a profit on them and increase their take on the same story. Hell, if they can afford JSC and his women with dirty noses for every other variant they must be making something on them.

When the first print reaches a zillion dollars I will sell mine for sure. :baiting:

Unless you work for Marvel, I don't see the need for more than a 2nd print. If that 2nd print is a chromium cover, I would think that comic shops would charge more than cover price for the book on the day it is released due to the popularity of NM 98. The secondary market would be similar to Marvel Collectible Classic #1 ASM 300 chromium cover. Then you could pay a zillion dollars for the second print.

Since this thread has now been bumped and this was somehow never clarified earlier...

THE DEADPOOL "CABLE GUIDE" IS IN THE FIRST PRINT!!!

It was clarified. Even included a picture of the image.

It's actually an interesting little snapshot.

"It's not just the X-Force 1 2nd print that has the Cable Guide profiles." could mean the Cable Guides are in some previously ignored issue of Marvel Age (or some other junk) to which Ween could pleasure himself.

The image is a shot of a page from some unidentified (Yes, I realize the image name contains "XForce1") comic.

Anyway, Ween obviously didn't get the "clarification."

I believe it was x-force 2 and is labeled so by CGC.

This is why i want to sort this out. CGC has been wrong before and in this case i believe they are again.

At the end of the gold 2nd print for X-Force 1 there is an id card similar to the ones on the back of G.I.Joe toys or in the marvel Encyclopedia comics. Dead pool IS pictured there. This addition is only in the reprint which predates the issue 2 of the X-Force series. i ask because despite high a print run for issue 2 there has been some interest in that issue as a second appearance. I don't know what the print run was for the gold 2nd of issue 1 but i suspect it was much lower than issue 2.

th_Xforce1_Deadpool_zps24273b95.jpeg

True. But I have never seen the Deadpool one printed anywhere before the Gold Reprint.

Since this thread has now been bumped and this was somehow never clarified earlier...

THE DEADPOOL "CABLE GUIDE" IS IN THE FIRST PRINT!!!

I said it, in multiple threads, before.

Sometimes, people get annoyed because things are repeated.

And sometimes, people get annoyed because they miss something because it wasn't repeated enough.

:whee:

"It's not just the X-Force 1 2nd print that has the Cable Guide profiles." could mean the Cable Guides are in some previously ignored issue of Marvel Age (or some other junk) to which Ween could pleasure himself.

The image is a shot of a page from some unidentified (Yes, I realize the image name contains "XForce1") comic.

Ahhhhhhh.

X-Force 1 ( Only the gold reprint ) or X-force 2. As far as i can tell the Gold reprint came out a month before issue 2. Is this true?

I forgot, that is the post that opened this thread.

If today's news doesn't light a small fire under X-Force #2, nothing will.

How have the sales for X-Force #2 been since the announcement? I have no copies and no dog in this race, just curious. lol

I put up a 9.6 at $50 BIN and it sold within 15 minutes. I'd say the needle is moving.....

If today's news doesn't light a small fire under X-Force #2, nothing will.

How have the sales for X-Force #2 been since the announcement? I have no copies and no dog in this race, just curious. lol

I put up a 9.6 at $50 BIN and it sold within 15 minutes. I'd say the needle is moving.....

haha, wow. Good luck to you guys with copies.

Ahhhhhhh.

X-Force 1 ( Only the gold reprint ) or X-force 2. As far as i can tell the Gold reprint came out a month before issue 2. Is this true?

I forgot, that is the post that opened this thread.

X-Force #1 first printing has the Cable Guide profiles in it. At least the copy I looked at today did. Don't know where this only the gold second print thing came from. Unless people never opened their polybagged copies of #1 lol

I know many people out there that have hoarded this book so long that they gave up on it ever increasing in price. It has always been touted as a great deal.

I was always of the opinion that if NM 98's price tag started to become too high ( im talking RAW copies) for many, that's when this issue would start to get hot, and it seems this is the time. If you want something you cant have, you go for the next best thing, and until the announcement, NM98's price was still manageable to the average Joe.

Considering there are 3-5x as many X-force 2's than NM 98's This book should cap off at $15-20 in raw near mint once all the current stock sells and the hoards start being put up for sale. Pretty good deal when they could be had in stacks for $1 each or less over the last decade.