• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Deadpool 2nd Appearance

146 posts in this topic

$16.99 on BIN for a nice newstand copy.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/251652012701?ssPageName=STRK:MESDIX:IT

5 copies sold @ $ 16.99 each plus shipping.

And that has a fugly rack bend in the image. 9.2 at best.???

Oh yeah, I've been able to sell some immaculate news stand copies 9.8 easy for $35 each. Once slabbed they'll be the $100+ issues people chase with the movie.

I'm sending my remaining copies to CGC. Best .25 cents each I spent in 1991August 2014.

fixed that. :)

It's sad that a book that you couldn't get rid of a year ago now becomes something that everyone wants.

nothing surprises me in this hobby anymore!

Hulk 271 was a dollar book just 4 years ago!

New Mutants 98 cgc 9.8 was only $250 in 2012.

The change in Hulk 271 and similar issues is far more interesting, IMO. NM 98 was already considered a key book, it's just the price has changed. As opposed to books that have been considered basically throwaways that are now high-demand.

So X-Force 2 is the third appearance of Deadpool...

No, still the second.

His likeness appears in issue 1 though?

If that's all it takes then there's one book I'm seriously going to be hunting at NYCC. Will post back here after I track down a few.

Maybe I'll finally make my money back on my disastrous X-Force #1 buy....

hm

only 1 out of every 4

He's in every copy (forget the stoopid cards). The full page character summary is a pretty significant piece imho. Although I don't personally consider it an appearance, I think there's a pretty good argument that it is. :grin:

8729480277_b3c75a8e7c_h.jpg

You have all kinds of goodies, don't you ? :busy:

Yep! I spend my time and money slabbing all kinds of very cool books. It consistently sells between $35-50 so slabbing a high grade copy isn't quite as brainless as some would make it out to be. And, when the Deadpool movie talk starts this'll be a great one to have in the sales threads... (thumbs u

Yea ya know what I apologize. I would buy this for 35

lol

Okay, so here's a question: it's my understanding that CGC doesn't include anything in the slab with the comic. (Not sure if this is standard procedure with other grading companies, but I digress…) So, if one has a copy of X-Force #1 still polybagged with the Deadpool card, should it remain that way? Or would it be better to have the book slabbed and sell the card with it? People probably aren't going to be interested in the comic, just the card, right?

No, still the second.

If that's all it takes then there's one book I'm seriously going to be hunting at NYCC. Will post back here after I track down a few.

hm

only 1 out of every 4

Huh? Are some people counting the card as the "second appearance"?

And, yeah, it would be sweet if Xforce 1 ever "exploded".

What about the reversed Captain America image with the Deadpool card? That should be even more rare. ;)

No, still the second.

hm

only 1 out of every 4

Huh? Are some people counting the card as the "second appearance"?

And, yeah, it would be sweet if Xforce 1 ever "exploded".

What about the reversed Captain America image with the Deadpool card? That should be even more rare. ;)

It's one out of every 5, right?

• Deadpool

• Cable

• Shatterstar

• X-Force

• Sunspot & Gideon

Unless they printed them in different proportions.

There was s a dealer here at the Pittsburgh Con who has a short box filled with X-Force #2. None of them are bagged/boarded and he wants $25 a pice. It's sad that a book that you couldn't get rid of a year ago now becomes something that everyone wants.

I think its a warning sign of whos buying and why they are buying......Theres going to be a bloodbath in the future.

Just to be clear, I've been posting on this message board for 12 years and in every one of those years someone has been screaming the above statement.

I suppose eventually it will have to be true.

There was s a dealer here at the Pittsburgh Con who has a short box filled with X-Force #2. None of them are bagged/boarded and he wants $25 a pice. It's sad that a book that you couldn't get rid of a year ago now becomes something that everyone wants.

I think its a warning sign of whos buying and why they are buying......Theres going to be a bloodbath in the future.

Just to be clear, I've been posting on this message board for 12 years and in every one of those years someone has been screaming the above statement.

It's true. If you've been collecting more than 20 years, you've experienced it once. If you've been collecting more than 30 years, you've experienced it twice. If you've been collecting 40 years, you're as at least as old as I am and know anything can happen and that history tends to repeat itself. If you're an older collector than me, you probably don't care. lol

8729480277_b3c75a8e7c_h.jpg

You have all kinds of goodies, don't you ? :busy:

Yep! I spend my time and money slabbing all kinds of very cool books. It consistently sells between $35-50 so slabbing a high grade copy isn't quite as brainless as some would make it out to be. And, when the Deadpool movie talk starts this'll be a great one to have in the sales threads... (thumbs u

Yea ya know what I apologize. I would buy this for 35

lol

:whistle:

Selling for $125-$150 now...

:roflmao:

:preach: The end is near! :preach:

The part about the X-Force #2 selling for $25?

The part about the X-Force #2 selling for $25?

The talk about the end of the comic collecting world......the bubble bursting...the sky falling...the end is nigh...all that end of world discussion