• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM Rare Mex MACC Spidey 129

5 posts in this topic

Ok guys... for whatever reason I picked up some rare higher conditioned stuff! :o

This is a beauty, and probably the nicest Macc 129 I have ever seen. My gut is telling me with its sharp corners and flat spine.... maybe 3 or 4 spine ticks this book could get maybe a 6.5-7.5 The issue is the damn staples! :frustrated: They are rusty, and not a little rust... alot. Can a book get past 7.0 with rust? hm Otherwise its the nicest book from the Mexican MACC publisher I have ever seen.

Thanks in advance guys! (thumbs u

cover_large.jpg

backcoverlarge.jpg

So it looks like photobucket will not allow me to post this at its original size!!!! :frustrated:

direct link to original size.....

http://i637.photobucket.com/albums/uu92/define999/cover_large.jpg~original

http://i637.photobucket.com/albums/uu92/define999/backcoverlarge.jpg~original

Depending on the level of rust, there can be a big down-grade. CGC can be very fickle at times.

I don't see it getting a 7.5 and honestly there is risk it could go lower due to the staples.

Are you getting it graded to sell it?

You can always roll the dice and have the staples professionally removed, cleaned and replaced. If they detect it you will get a purple label, if not you may get your 7.5. This is totally your call and could go in either direction.

FYI - I am not a fan of anything that misrepresents a comic, but in the case of rusty staples it is best for the preservation of comics long-term to have them cleaned. As long as the originals replaced and the comic is not otherwise damaged, I personally believe this should be an exception. IMHO