• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Happy 4th!

48 posts in this topic

Oh and slym, I just did a count and I have over 3500 sparklers leftover. Next year, there will be video of the greatest sparkler bomb in history! :devil:

Dude - stop at 1000. That will be plenty big enough! :lol: I think the pic I showed was 1000, it looked a little bigger than the one I made with 800 sparklers, and that one shot flames at least 15 feet into the air.

;)

-slym

Oh and slym, I just did a count and I have over 3500 sparklers leftover. Next year, there will be video of the greatest sparkler bomb in history! :devil:

Dude - stop at 1000. That will be plenty big enough! :lol: I think the pic I showed was 1000, it looked a little bigger than the one I made with 800 sparklers, and that one shot flames at least 15 feet into the air.

;)

-slym

Huh?!?

I'm thinking 5,000 if I can find a big enough zip tie! :devil:

One trick - if you have wire-based sparklers, set off a few of those, or in your case a few dozen ( :lol: ) and use the wires left over, twisted & crimped together, to hold your "bomb" together. Either way, wires or zip-tie, make sure it is as tight as possible. Better results will occur.

;)

-slym

Yeah, i wouldnt even try that with the sparkler at the top. I'd tie off a 5 foot wick to it and get the hell back! :o

Like 10 years ago i taped around 200 roman candles together and spent like a month tying all the wicks together and then attached a 5 foot wick to it. The thing was so big and heavy it took 2 of us to carry it outside. It literally must have taken me like 50 hours to tie all those wicks together but DAMN was it a sight to see when it went off. Unfortunately, i dont have time for that anymore :sorry:

You can also get a 'beam expander' which focuses the laser even tighter, theoretically increasing the range at which you could possibly light a fuse.

(So I've heard...never tried it myself.)

http://www.wickedlasers.com/