• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

4th of July Project - Punisher Theme Rifle

76 posts in this topic

OH, I WANT ONE!

I've put together rifles in the past, but that one looks really cool!

Can I ask how much you have invested in it so far, and what the total cost is gonna be close to?

And, there is a reason America has never been invaded! And never will be!

Given I’m not fascinated at all with rifles and guns either (unless they are future weapons, aimed to stun and not to kill… :D ) I’d say I would have tried to build an antiquary rifle styled after 1974 or so models… when the Punisher started his personal "crusade" against crime. :)

Aside from comics collecting I am also a shooting sports enthusiast and firearms collector. I thought it would be a fun 4th of July project to build a Punisher theme rifle so a couple weeks ago I started ordering parts. I've only built the lower half so far. I don't think I'll build the upper, it requires some specialized tools I don't want to purchase, so I will at some point just purchase a completed upper half when the funds become available.

I went with the Spikes lower receiver which features the Punisher skull logo on it. I'm not exactly sure how they can put that logo on their parts? I'd assume it's trade marked by Marvel/Disney? In either event I had been wanting one of these for a while now and spotted a deal online so I jumped on it and that sparked this project.

After finding the receiver I picked up a Magpul MOE grip and trigger guard, a lower parts kit from RRA and an A2 style stock. The stock didn't show up until yesterday so I got lucky it made it in time.

This was my first time assembling a rifle from parts, and I'm not really a mechanically inclined person. After about 3 hours of watching instructional videos, hammering and cursing, and having the wife stand in as an impromptu vice/extra pair of hands, everything came together with no parts left over.

Here's the before and after.

Punisher_Build1.jpg

Punisher_Build2.jpg

That looks like a standard m 16... Are you adding attachments?

Aside from comics collecting I am also a shooting sports enthusiast and firearms collector. I thought it would be a fun 4th of July project to build a Punisher theme rifle so a couple weeks ago I started ordering parts. I've only built the lower half so far. I don't think I'll build the upper, it requires some specialized tools I don't want to purchase, so I will at some point just purchase a completed upper half when the funds become available.

I went with the Spikes lower receiver which features the Punisher skull logo on it. I'm not exactly sure how they can put that logo on their parts? I'd assume it's trade marked by Marvel/Disney? In either event I had been wanting one of these for a while now and spotted a deal online so I jumped on it and that sparked this project.

After finding the receiver I picked up a Magpul MOE grip and trigger guard, a lower parts kit from RRA and an A2 style stock. The stock didn't show up until yesterday so I got lucky it made it in time.

This was my first time assembling a rifle from parts, and I'm not really a mechanically inclined person. After about 3 hours of watching instructional videos, hammering and cursing, and having the wife stand in as an impromptu vice/extra pair of hands, everything came together with no parts left over.

Here's the before and after.

Punisher_Build1.jpg

Punisher_Build2.jpg

She's gonna be beautiful when she's done.

:cloud9: I think im in love.

I think it would only get poofed if a political debate broke out. But if not, I think its probably ok.

I view it as a 'hey if you're not into this type of comic themed item - guns, butter, cigarettes, calculators, napkins, underwear, nose rings, spinning rims, caskets that we can legally buy and own, its ok by me, feel free to move along and please have a nice day."

OH, I WANT ONE!

Can I ask how much you have invested in it so far, and what the total cost is gonna be close to?

So far, for the parts pictured I have around $300 invested. A complete upper receiver group will probably be in the $500 range. So $800 for a basic rifle without an optic of any type. My eyes aren't so good for distances over 100 yards so I like using a scope, but I'm not sure if I'll put one on this or not. I might keep it basic and just use the iron sights.

Yeah that's sort of what I'm going for, an M16a4 clone type rifle. I thought that would do old Frank Castle proud.

I'm not sure what I'm going to do for attachments and accessories. Ideally an Acog 4x optic but that's pretty big money, but beyound that I'll probably just get a standard handguard on the upper and leave it alone. I've had rifles with big bulky quad rails on them with vertical grips and lights and junk. I think I'll keep this simple.

I will never understand obsession with killing machines :facepalm:

I think the OP should have the courtesy to not have political commentary posted here so that his thread can stay open.

Some people just want to watch the world burn.

-slym ( :whistle: )

I think the OP should have the courtesy to not have political commentary posted here so that his thread can stay open.

Right, but…

This is not political commentary, anyway. ;)

Yeah that's sort of what I'm going for, an M16a4 clone type rifle. I thought that would do old Frank Castle proud.

I'm not sure what I'm going to do for attachments and accessories. Ideally an Acog 4x optic but that's pretty big money, but beyound that I'll probably just get a standard handguard on the upper and leave it alone. I've had rifles with big bulky quad rails on them with vertical grips and lights and junk. I think I'll keep this simple.

So you’re following an old model, like Castle would have had originally? :)

Better to have them then not to. What happens when the guy who obsesses over them has you in a bad spot and you don't have one? Contingency plan!rather you like them or not having one isn't a bad thing. I've shot many diffrent weapons thousands of times and I don't obsess over them one bit but a contingency plan isn't a bad thing 2c.......not everyone is batman and can throw a batarang.

OH, I WANT ONE!

So far, for the parts pictured I have around $300 invested. A complete upper receiver group will probably be in the $500 range. So $800 for a basic rifle without an optic of any type. My eyes aren't so good for distances over 100 yards so I like using a scope, but I'm not sure if I'll put one on this or not. I might keep it basic and just use the iron sights.

I like iron sights most myself. I got used to carrying that m16 a4....I held that thing for a long time took it apart, out it together, cleaned it etc....the bad thing is the older m16 is kinda big and bulky. Are you going to put a sling on it? I'd get a nice 3 point sling for it. I dig the punisher logo. The punisher is my favorite character. Just wish he wasn't a marine lol it's a rivalry thing. He should be a green beret and an enlisted one at that.

Are you absolutely sure of that? Maybe? :shy:

Never happened bro. British made it up. Capitol burned in a s'mores accident

Never happened bro. British made it up. Capitol burned in a s'mores accident

hm

Interesting....what about this one?

lol

Figures a Canadian would bring up The War of 1812.

:eyeroll: