• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New Vertigo Titles

33 posts in this topic

Looks like Vertigo has some great new titles planned for the end of this year, including Gaiman's return to Sandman. Can't wait to read these series!

Hinterkind -- about "a post-apocalyptic world in which the creatures of myth and legend have returned" -- written by 2000AD veteran Ian Edginton with art by Francesco Trifogl Francesco Trifogli Francesco Trifogli

The Discipline, an erotic thriller from Peter Milligan, whose Enigma series launched the Vertigo line twenty years ago, and artist Leo Hernandez

Suiciders, a post-apocalyptic science fiction series about two boxers at the different extremes of their careers by writer/artist Leo Bermejo

Coffin Hill, by fantasy novelist Caitlin Kittredge and illustrator Inaki Miranda, about a teenager's accidental resurrection of a dark power left buried since the Salem Witch Trials

The Sandman: Overture and other new Vertigo Releases

Looks like Vertigo has some great new titles planned for the end of this year, including Gaiman's return to Sandman. Can't wait to read these series!

(thumbs u

I'll be on board for Sandman at the very least. The others sound intriguing.

I read (probably on Bleeding Cool or CBR) that stores are going to get PDFs of the first 3 issues and Vertigo will also pay for 100% of advertising. I'm excited. I only started reading comic books last summer and 95% of the titles recommended to me when I first started were early Vertigo.

I read (probably on Bleeding Cool or CBR) that stores are going to get PDFs of the first 3 issues and Vertigo will also pay for 100% of advertising. I'm excited. I only started reading comic books last summer and 95% of the titles recommended to me when I first started were early Vertigo.

I like how the books published by Vertigo never seem afraid to push the envelope and there always seems to be a great emphasis on story-telling as opposed to just trying to appeal to a mainstream audience. My favorite series all seem to be Vertigo titles. Y, Sandman and 100 Bullets were epic in scope and delivery. I just started reading Scalped and I'm loving it so far. Glad to see that Vertigo looks to still be putting out some more great books.

Trillium looks cool.

The Wake, Collider, and Trillium. The last three I've seen and the three I want.

The Wake (thumbs u , Collider (shrug) , and Trillium (thumbs u

Anyone who tell me about Collinder?

Trillium looks cool.

The Wake, Collider, and Trillium. The last three I've seen and the three I want.

The Wake (thumbs u , Collider (shrug) , and Trillium (thumbs u

Anyone who tell me about Collinder?

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=6789571#Post6789571

Colorful physics.

From what I've seen it looks promising. Vertigo put it toward the front of the line of new titles they have coming out. I don't know if it's just a coincidence or if they think it's strong enough to bring new readers to Vertigo. I don't think launching with a Snyder book was a coincidence.

.... Peter Milligan, whose Enigma series launched the Vertigo line twenty years ago...

I am old.

Which is probably why I rarely buy Vertigo books these days, while I used to at least sample just about everything under the imprint back in the 90s. As with movies and music, I increasingly feel like I've seen/heard it all before. :preach:

Your never too old...I hope lol

The Wake is awesome and I really don't know what to compare it too.

Collider ( or FBP ) is a book that makes you think a little which I like.

Trillium is different than anything in presentation if nothing else. The writer is also writing Green Arrow starting with issue 17 which absolutely kicks tail.

Astro City is back under a new logo and Sandman/Morpheus is making a much anticipated comeback.

There are a couple of other Vertigo titles due out over the next few months and I want to try them all.

Image seems to be putting more and more new stories out and I'm certainly not complaining. I'm just going to dig a little deeper and make some room for some new old friends :grin: