• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Found these signed comics today, opinions???

9 posts in this topic

Was wondering what the value on these might be? If I should get them graded?

I've got 3 copies of the G.I. Joe #1, all have the COA's, all in 9.6/9.8 condition.

The two Tellos do not have COA's for Mike Wieringo's signature.

photo/my-images/839/1miz.jpg/]1miz.jpg[/url]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

ezpx.jpg

9g10.jpg

grsm.jpg

IMHO the signature would affect the grade, if during the signing the comic got damaged in any way. When I did a bunch of Saga for BKV and Fiona, Brian used a pen. The ink was still wet when Brian gave it back and he touch the ink. Due to this, it left a small finger print on his name. I guess CGC deducted a point due to that..... It came back as a 9.6, but I was sure it was a 9.8

Welcome to the boards! and that goes for all of you....

There are two ways to go, you can go blue label and the sigs will count as "writing on cover" or green label where the book will be graded as though the signature is not there.

There's no point in getting them graded now. They've been signed without a witness there to witness it. The signature will now just decrease the grade of the comic.

Only if he goes blue label.

I didn't know that, so if CGC witnesses the signature it doesn't affect the grade but no witness it does??? I was just thinking, they're high grade and the green on the cover would go good with a qualified label.

Think of Signature Series as another type of Qualified. The signature itself has no effect on the grade. The difference between green and gold is that with a gold label, the signature is guaranteed authentic since it was witnessed by a CGC representative who then took it into their possession immediately to prevent tampering. A green label is no guarantee of authenticity.

Welcome to the boards! and that goes for all of you....

There are two ways to go, you can go blue label and the sigs will count as "writing on cover" or green label where the book will be graded as though the signature is not there.

There's no point in getting them graded now. They've been signed without a witness there to witness it. The signature will now just decrease the grade of the comic.

Only if he goes blue label.

I didn't know that, so if CGC witnesses the signature it doesn't affect the grade but no witness it does??? I was just thinking, they're high grade and the green on the cover would go good with a qualified label.

Think of Signature Series as another type of Qualified. The signature itself has no effect on the grade. The difference between green and gold is that with a gold label, the signature is guaranteed authentic since it was witnessed by a CGC representative who then took it into their possession immediately to prevent tampering. A green label is no guarantee of authenticity.

My bad.

You have to watch out for Jay Company Comics when they do variants they take 2nd and third print comics and remove covers to place a new cover on. Alot of their variants are actually frankenbooks. So I would get none of their exclusives graded. As the other people say since it was unwitnessed its useless to get it graded anyway.