• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Al Feldstein question?

5 posts in this topic

Greetings friends. I am looking for information regarding Al Feldstein. Specifically, I am looking to find out whether the 1948 8-page story he drew in Saddle Justice #3(1) ("The Treasure of Timberline Top") was his first published work for E.C. or first published work. I believe he may have done some earlier work on Seven Seas prior to this, but am not 100% sure. Heritage sold the Silverprint color proofs to this Saddle Justice story last year and referenced this as being his "first published story," but I'm not sure that this is accurate.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

He started working a couple years earlier than the EC story.

http://www.comics.org/penciller/name/feldstein/sort/chrono/

Greetings friends. I am looking for information regarding Al Feldstein. Specifically, I am looking to find out whether the 1948 8-page story he drew in Saddle Justice #3(1) ("The Treasure of Timberline Top") was his first published work for E.C. or first published work. I believe he may have done some earlier work on Seven Seas prior to this, but am not 100% sure. Heritage sold the Silverprint color proofs to this Saddle Justice story last year and referenced this as being his "first published story," but I'm not sure that this is accurate.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Off of the top of my head, the earliest Feldstein comic I recall is Contact Comics #11 (Mar 1946).

He also did a number of the teen humor books for Fox. He had art in all 8 issues of Junior Comics which ran from Sept/47 to July/1948.

So his EC work was definitely not his earliest published work.

Gary J.