• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sheffield artist uses comics worth £20k for artwork

48 posts in this topic

People make staues out of precious metals.

:whistles:

-slym

Statues look nice. This looks like a 2nd grade craft project.

Some statues look nice lol

I did see a solid gold statue once. At the time it was being hyped in art mags for it's tour, I can't find a thing on it today. It was a set of three Virgin Mary statues taken from a mold of some Renaissance marble statue, forgot who the original sculptor was, but it was one of the famous ones. The gold, silver, and copper molds looked excellent though. I wish I could find a picture, the folds in the fabric were awesome.

-slym

Some statues look nice lol

I did see a solid gold statue once. At the time it was being hyped in art mags for it's tour, I can't find a thing on it today. It was a set of three Virgin Mary statues taken from a mold of some Renaissance marble statue, forgot who the original sculptor was, but it was one of the famous ones. The gold, silver, and copper molds looked excellent though. I wish I could find a picture, the folds in the fabric were awesome.

I didn't find a gold one, but I found this pretty cool virgin mary statue. Not sure if it's famous or not...

1pieta1.jpg

Here's another news story about the same dealer, and also involving Avengers 1 . Must be a very common HG book, down in Sheffield. hm

http://www.thestar.co.uk/news/local/superhero-steve-saves-15-000-avengers-comic-from-sheffield-skip-video-1-4474573

-slym

For serious. What an embarrassing POS!!

What do you have against 2nd Graders? (shrug)

That looks like preschool at best. :facepalm:

What a person_too_unaware_of_social_graces :tonofbricks: