• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Air travel with portfolio

5 posts in this topic

Quick, potential dumb, question(s) here.

I am going to SDCC this year for the first time in 15 years, and want to bring some art with me. I have a 13x19 Itoya that I want to bring, along with a carrying case to keep it in while while going through the con. The case is a little bit bigger than the portfolio.

Any travel tips for getting it through as a carry on, or am I going to have to check the carrying case?

Thanks in advance. Really excited about going out to SDCC after so long. :)

Will

Make sure you check each airline's policy in advance. When I flew.JetBlue, the plane I was on allowed larger carry on items. At JFK, the rep tried to get me to check my case in. She pointed to the generic slot you use to check the size. I showed her a printout from the website showing my flight was on the larger A360 plane.where they allowed larger carry on items. She let me through and it was no problem on the plane.

I think I showed you my aluminum case at NYCC. The itoya fits in with plenty of room.

I no longer attend SDCC as it's become too troublesome for my tastes so I'll see you at NYCC or the show in jersey.

Have fun.

Cheers!

N.