• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Identity Crisis #4 - Heap your praise here!!!!!

105 posts in this topic

Kev thats a very educated guess. Makes a lot of sense.

heres mine from out of the blue: Elongated Man

In a recent interviw, Meltzer said that all the clues are out in issue 4. In the "who benefits" sequence, Dibny is seen getting th enews that he has inherited a boatload of money from her death. Since we know that the body probably isnt Sue's, I say Ralph and Sue cooked this up with someones help, and that someone is going to try to cheat them and use these events for their own benefit.

Kev thats a very educated guess. Makes a lot of sense.

heres mine from out of the blue: Elongated Man

In a recent interviw, Meltzer said that all the clues are out in issue 4. In the "who benefits" sequence, Dibny is seen getting th enews that he has inherited a boatload of money from her death. Since we know that the body probably isnt Sue's, I say Ralph and Sue cooked this up with someones help, and that someone is going to try to cheat them and use these events for their own benefit.

893whatthe.gif I think your on to something .... (((or just on something)))

So your saying that Ralph and Sue cooked this up, possibly by hiring the Calculator who then hired guys like Merlyn, Boomerang and Bolt to do the dirty work? That Dr. Midnight is going to discover that the body isn't really Sue's in the autopsy sequence that Dave Gibbons is illustrating for JSA 67?

If that's so, then why attack Jean Loring? And now threaten Lois Lane and possibly Tim Drake's dad (that's pretty obvious by the cover to #5)? Ralph might be running interference but I can't see him providing details on other heroes spouses (and security systems) to villains to throw the scent off, especially if the possibility of real death came into it. Jean would have died without the Atom's arrival. And their deception would have to be pretty good if they were to stand up to all of the molecular analysis that was done to the various crime scenes.

But going after Dr. Light gives them the opportunity for revenge on Dr. Light for past transgressions. Ralph seems distraught in that sequence in #4 but maybe it's because things have spiralled out of control? Or maybe it's because he also genuinely believes that Sue is dead? Which may mean that this is Sue on her own... faking her own death?

That would taint every known appearance of the Elongated Man and his wife and be worse than retroactively implanting a rape sequence into their history.

**SEMI-SPOILER FOR ISSUE 4... IF YOU DON'T WANT TO SEE ONE, WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING READING THIS THREAD ANYWAY?!? GET OUT!**

What did Hal/Spectre mean when he said he's "working on it" (coming back to life, as it were)? How would he "work on it?"

Hal, Ollie, and Black Canary were the only ones who were AGAINST lobotomizing Dr. Light, right?

Well, who avenges Dr. Light?

Hal/Spectre.

Who benefits from Dr. Light being avenged?

Hal/Spectre? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

And wouldn't THAT be one helluva "Identity Crisis"?

But really, there are SO many danged red herrings at this point... I have no idea which way is up. It APPEARS that various villains' technologies/methodologies (Mirror Master, Heatwave?, Slipknot, and what of Luthor's armor?) are being exploited, but again, those could merely be red herrings placed to throw readers off the trail.

What did Hal/Spectre mean when he said he's "working on it" (coming back to life, as it were)? How would he "work on it?"

I took that as a sly nod to Geoff Johns upcoming mini, which starts next month, which restores Hal Jordan back to life.

A common tool in almost every DC crossover is to have the Spectre taken out of the fray by a "higher power". If he did get involved these things would all be over in about two minutes.

So, in light of issue 4, are you still standing by your earlier prediction?

You know what's bugging me about this whole thing is the note that Lois received... why would she get something like that? It doesn't seem to jive with the M.O. of any of the possible killers discussed thus far.

I have the feeling that there's more than just one killer. gossip.gif

Really? So far other than bypassing the Dinby security, there really hasn't been that unique a killer.

the note to Lois was a strange twist. Perhaps there is now a copycat killer?

Could the killer possibly be Boomerang's son? Since they seem to have this side story going on for no reason so far.

Really? So far other than bypassing the Dinby security, there really hasn't been that unique a killer.

Could the killer possibly be Boomerang's son? Since they seem to have this side story going on for no reason so far.

But whats his son's motive?

But whats his son's motive?

What everyone son's motive is. To be like his father or better than his father. Doesn't have to be terribly complex.

How would Boomerang's son perform the killings?

It's not out of the question, of course... and it would make for an interesting story. Captain Boomerang himself assumed the role of Mirror Master for a period of time, so maybe the kid took over where his dad left off and that's how he's been getting into these homes undetected?

How significant are the knots used in the noose? The knot seems very specialized and the description of the knot is very specific...

Well unless Slipknot was the one who attempted the second killing, then someone else has copied his Modus Operandi. So it must not be terribly difficult to copy if he wasn't the one commiting the crime.

I just keep wondering why the Boomerang backstory.

Well unless Slipknot was the one who attempted the second killing, then someone else has copied his Modus Operandi. So it must not be terribly difficult to copy if he wasn't the one commiting the crime.

I think the son is a very good possibility, don't get me wrong.

Let's assume the boy wants to follow in his daddy's footsteps:

Captain Boomerang assumed the mantle of Mirror Master for a period of time. If the boy had access to the Mirror Master technology, he could easily enter the homes undetected.

Captain Boomerang is closely associated with Heatwave. Sue Dibny's body was burned AFTER she was murdered, perhaps for no other reason than to mislead investigators.

Captain Boomerang was, indeed, a member of Suicide Squad where he would have had contact with Slipknot... but that Dutch knot thing still bugs me. How/why his son would know anything about Slipknot (a relatively insignificant villain if ever there was), is beyond me.

But how does he PROFIT from all this? Living his father's dream isn't exactly profit, is it?

Captain Boomerang assumed the mantle of Mirror Master for a period of time. If the boy had access to the Mirror Master technology, he could easily enter the homes undetected.

Captain Boomerang is closely associated with Heatwave. Sue Dibny's body was burned AFTER she was murdered, perhaps for no other reason than to mislead investigators.

Captain Boomerang was, indeed, a member of Suicide Squad where he would have had contact with Slipknot... but that Dutch knot thing still bugs me. How/why his son would know anything about Slipknot (a relatively insignificant villain if ever there was), is beyond me.

But how does he PROFIT from all this? Living his father's dream isn't exactly profit, is it?

I'm not convinced it's the son at all either. Do you honestly think that DC would allow the villian in the biggest mini-series of the year to be none other than the son of a second-rate villian? I think not. screwy.gif

So, in light of issue 4, are you still standing by your earlier prediction?

Um, my Waller prediction came after reading issue 4, so yes, I'm still willing to stand by it. I'm just willing to acknowledge the possibility that we've been duped by the Dibny's. Maybe the birthday mystery was really to make it look like Sue had been killed and she has gone into hiding...

Two things to also consider...

1. Somehow the new Manhunter series has a connection to Identity Crisis that we will learn at a later date. Anyone read it?

2. Deadshot gets his own series after Identity Crisis ends in November.

Two things to also consider...

1. Somehow the new Manhunter series has a connection to Identity Crisis that we will learn at a later date. Anyone read it?

2. Deadshot gets his own series after Identity Crisis ends in November.

I was also wondering about Deadshot. As soon as Suicide Squad is mentioned I immediately thought of him. I wonder why he isn't thought of considering he is as much a mercenary as Deathstroke is.

Bringing the previously-unknown son of Capt. Boomerang in as the heavy would be even worse than introducing Bruce Wayne's childhood friend out of the blue for Hush.

I've thought the Son-of-Boomerang angle sets the kid up as a future victim, since he's now been publicly "outed."

Interesting analysis so far. Now I need to re-read the 4 issues to see what I think...

First we have elongated man's wife, then atoms' ex-wife, now it appears by lois' death threat note, plus the cover of #5, that she's next. However, i believe batman is on the cover of #6 or #7, not sure, but he's not married, so who might he lose? Robin? Robins' father?.....Alfred??? Other than all being in the jla at one time or another, does Elongated Man, Atom, Superman and Batman all have any ties that would make them specific targets? Maybe some mission way back involving all four of them? Hmmm, time to re-read all jla back issues? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Who PROFITS= Who BENIFITS.... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif.... idea.gif WHO IS THE ONE PERSON MAKING $$$

OUT OF ALL OF THIS????