• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

X-force the movie confirmed

160 posts in this topic

As a fan of the old series and current top Set holder for X-Force's first run kinda hoping for a little of both from the early first run and the entirity of the third run. Near the end of the first it all turned into "" especially with the X-Static spin off, I just personally don't want Liefeld to have anything to do with it. No more pouches...

I'd like to see the Remender team, with Cable thrown in as a way of acknowledging the first run.

As a fan of the old series and current top Set holder for X-Force's first run kinda hoping for a little of both from the early first run and the entirity of the third run. Near the end of the first it all turned into "" especially with the X-Static spin off, I just personally don't want Liefeld to have anything to do with it. No more pouches...

I'd like to see the Remender team, with Cable thrown in as a way of acknowledging the first run.

Maybe taking the place of Wolverine (shrug) ?Jackman said he wanted to take a break from Wolverine after DOFP... Source

Maybe taking the place of Wolverine (shrug) ? I thought I read someplace that Jackman wasn't going to do Wolverine after DOFP...

Couldn't really blame him. He must have played Wolvie like 6 or 7 times now!

If Cable ends up being in it, I'd love to see him take on a Nick Fury type role. The organizer/leader of the team, but he doesn't necessarily go out on missions.

How can they add Cable if Fox killed off Cyclops?

I want the X-Force team to be from Kyle/Yost or Remender run.

I and many other fans love this version of X-Force than Liefeld's X-Force :sick:

I hope Fox will go with the popular run of the team.

Who do people really want to see?

Cannonball,Boom Boom,Domino,Feral,Shatterstar,Warpath,Rictor,Siryn,Sunspot,and Cable

Or Wolverine,Domino,X-23,Warpath,Deadpool,Wolfbane,Elixir,Psylocke,Famtomex,and Archangel

I know,the one with Hugh Jackman ;)

I'm pretty sure the newer characters that weren't there in 90s like fantomex and x 23 are not part of the liscensing rights

I can tell you. But first, you'll need to complete a series of challenges, each more fiendish than the... Bah! I'll just tell you.

Time-travel :D

I and many other fans love this version of X-Force than Liefeld's X-Force :sick:

Cannonball,Boom Boom,Domino,Feral,Shatterstar,Warpath,Rictor,Siryn,Sunspot,and Cable

Or Wolverine,Domino,X-23,Warpath,Deadpool,Wolfbane,Elixir,Psylocke,Famtomex,and Archangel

The one with the gay guy that has the swords and stupid head-thing. If they can make Shatterstar good, I'll eat my X-Force #1.

And he isn't a terrible character because he's gay - Marvel made him gay because he was a terrible character and had to do something to make him interesting. Unfortunately, that didn't work, & then they had a gay character who people already didn't like.

-slym

The one with the gay guy that has the swords and stupid head-thing. If they can make Shatterstar good, I'll eat my X-Force #1.

And he isn't a terrible character because he's gay - Marvel made him gay because he was a terrible character and had to do something to make him interesting. Unfortunately, that didn't work, & then they had a gay character who people already didn't like.

-slym

Didn't know Marvel made him gay.

But my point was people want to see the more popular characters than those that they either never heard of or don't like to begin with.

(Although GotG could change that)

I will say this to your original point - are you saying that because you don't know who they are that no one else does? Ask the mean majority of the average age-group person here, "name 4 members of Rob Liefeld's original X-Force" and I bet 90% could.

The average movie-going population doesn't know who anyone on "list #2" except Wolverine, and if that's all it takes to get asses in seats, then Hollywood could put him on "list #1" and sell the same amount of tickets.

;)

-slym

I will say this to your original point - are you saying that because you don't know who they are that no one else does? Ask the mean majority of the average age-group person here, "name 4 members of Rob Liefeld's original X-Force" and I bet 90% could.

The average movie-going population doesn't know who anyone on "list #2" except Wolverine, and if that's all it takes to get asses in seats, then Hollywood could put him on "list #1" and sell the same amount of tickets.

;)

-slym

Very clever post hm

You serving in Afghanistan?

Yep... Just south east of (KAF) Kandahar. Got about three months give or take which ever flight manifest I make it onto.

Maybe taking the place of Wolverine (shrug) ? I thought I read someplace that Jackman wasn't going to do Wolverine after DOFP...

Couldn't really blame him. He must have played Wolvie like 6 or 7 times now!

If Cable ends up being in it, I'd love to see him take on a Nick Fury type role. The organizer/leader of the team, but he doesn't necessarily go out on missions.

Personally I think Stephen Lang with his aged jacked look from Avatar and his take no *spoon* attitude would be great as Cable. He's got the look, the attitude, and the ability to pull it off.

As for the team I figure Warpath is pretty well set in stone since he's in the new movie coming up. Wolverine is always a good one to have for the movie goer's to enjoy since probably 75% of the audience isn't into comics but more there for the movies and you need a mainstay character. They crapped all over Deadpool as a character during the Wolverine movie but throw him in, and Cable can simply be explained as a mutant from some apocalyptic future without the need to explain who his parents were ala Terminator movie style, which could then throw Apocalypse in as a bad guy. After all that every movie needs gratuitous boobs in it so why not Psylocke since she was in the third movie, Boom Boom cause everyone wants to see a California blond with boobs, and Wolfsbane for that added CGI Werewolf look. Gives a hodge podge of different characters from different story lines without going too over board with why is he or she here and a need for tons of origin which can usually bog a movie down.

Another cool thing about adding Apocalypse into the storyline means we can have Archangel finally make an appearance instead of Angel, who let's face it, fly's slowly and is susceptible to everything. His arch enemy, a rock...

That way this covers every part of X-Force's different rosters although I would like to see a Mohawked Halle Berry...