• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Newest Acquisition

14 posts in this topic

WELCOME TO THE BOARDS!!

Do you have Spider-Ham's first appearance in MARVEL TAILS # 1?

And WIZARD published a complete Spider-Ham checklist in their newest issue. If you'd like I'll relay it for you. flowerred.gif

Thanks for the warm welcome! Yes, I have MT #1 as well. It is a (9.8 OWW). I don't have a scan of it yet, gotta get around to it. Bradley, what issue of Wizard are you referring to? Maybe I will just go pick it up at the local store. But in the meantime, yes I would very much like to see it.

brian (at) bucketofwasabi.com

Thanks once again!

-Brian

just curious but...why the crazyness about these funny parody of marvel characters?!

Interesting qestion but as most comic book characters are parodies, in a sense, of real life - well - I guess a parody of a mild parody is enjoyable.

I remember Spider-Ham and recall chuckling at the idea. Is just a fun thing. Obvisouly not a part of a universe - but imagine such a full-blown universe? Or we we already have that for more real with Shetdon, Crumb, Stack, Moscoso - well - the undergournd folk! grin.gif

Bradley, what issue of Wizard are you referring to? Maybe I will just go pick it up at the local store.

893frustrated.gif

I just looked through the two latest WIZARDs and didn't see it. Nor the latest CBG. I *know* I've seen it recently. Give me a little more time and I'll come up with it.

juggle.gif

just curious but...why the crazyness about these funny parody of marvel characters?!

Just one of those things I guess. Being a Spider-Man fanatic since I was a kid has made me strive for the oddball Spider-Man collectibles. Spider-Ham seemed like a natural progression, 27_laughing.gif.

I even have my original readers from the eighties that I bought as a kid.

-Brian

How much did that book run you (if you don't mind me asking)?

I have a complete raw run, including the Marvel Tails issue. I have always toyed with the idea of collecting an uber-HG run of Spider-Ham. Where did you ge the book? Did you submit yourself?

Really, really nice book!

Question: since I haven't read Peter Porker, is Howard the Duck part of that universe or has he appeared in the series? Seems natural for these anthropomorphic characters to meet.

BTW: WELCOME TO THE BOARDS!

Question: since I haven't read Peter Porker, is Howard the Duck part of that universe or has he appeared in the series? Seems natural for these anthropomorphic characters to meet.

Nope. No crossover w/ Howard the Duck. frown.gif

Nope. No crossover w/ Howard the Duck. frown.gif

The two did meet in a back-up story in MARVEL TALES # 237. As they introduced themselves: "Ham. Spider-Ham" "Duck. Howard the"

BTW, I have to declare failure on the task of finding where I saw that complete SPIDER-HAM checklist. I checked all the recent WIZARDs and the CBGs. It was in *some* recent publication. It was on the bottom right-hand side of a right page, and was two columns. ANY other forumite know where this appeared? 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

BradleyX2 - The checklist is in the "Spider-Man 2004 Wizard Special". I don't have it, nor have I seen it at my local shops. Anyone got it? I am almost positive that I have all his appearances (more below).

chrisco37 - I don't mind at all. I got it from Reynold not to far back. Since it was the only 9.8 with white pages I decided to scoop it up. Cost me $149, shipping included.

Jayman - Thanks! Unfortunately chrisco37 is right, no crossover.

Here is the list of appearance or originals that Spider-Ham is in. See if this matches up to the checklist:

Marvel Tails      
  1   Marvel Tails 1

"Peter Porker The Spectacular Spider-Ham"      
  1     The Mysterious Island of Ducktor Doom
  2     Of Buzzards and Bullfrogs
  3     The Town That Never Grew Up
  4     20,000-To-One Under The Sea!
  5     The Old Goats At Home
  6     Salad Daze
  7     A Blitz In Time!
  8     Pigs Over Tokyo Or Kimono My House!
  9     Uncouth Sweet Tooth or B.O.G.O. Home!
  10   The Lost Temple of the Golden Retriever
  11   Dog Dame Afternoon
  12   Edam And Weep Or The Gouda, The Bad, And The Ugly
  13   Old McDonalds House of Horrors, Nick Furry
  14   Heavy Mental Music
  15   To Oink Or Not To Oink Or The Days Of Swine And Roses
  16   Porker Fried Rice Or Chung King Of The Road!
  17   Pig Out!    

Marvel Tales      
  201   Unlucky Bucks
  202   Unlucky Bucks Part 2
  203   Unlucky Bucks Part 3
  204   Unlucky Bucks Part 4
  205   TV Or Not TV
  206   TV Or Not TV Part 2
  207   Your Chitlin' Heart
  208   Your Chitlin' Heart Part 2
  209   Night Of The Marvel Balls
  210   Night Of The Marvel Balls Part 2
  211   Enter Forbush-Man!
  212   ...Plumb(-ing) Tuckered Out
  214   The Punfisher's Tail
  215   Down The Drain!
  216   The Stamp Of Doom
  217   Doom Means Never Having To Say You're Sorry!
  218   Mayhem For Aunt May
  219   Birth Of The Marvel Babies
  223   The Playpen Of Peril!
  224   The Pig From Porker's Past!
  225   The Sinister Secret Of Sylvia Sowmeister!!!
  226   Sap For A Sow?
  227   The Shameful Secret Of Spider-Ham!
  228   If He Should Punch Me
  229   Throw The Book At Him!
  230   Cult Of Dolts!
  233   Too Much Zombie Business
  236   When Comes Captain Zooniverse!
  237   Of Ducks And Doom!
  239   A Bat Day's Night
  240   Thief Of Bad-Gags!
  247   Street Poet-Spider-Ham

What The?!      
  3     Nevermore
  18   Hoagy's Space Ark
  20   Pork For Dinner, Milk And Cookies For Dessert!
  22   What Goes Up Must Come Down!
  24   The Green Gobbler Returns
  26   Spider-Ham 2099

-Brian