• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rumor Alert: Joseph Gordon-Levitt as Dr. Strange?

59 posts in this topic

Gordon-Levitt as Doc Strange? hm interesting choice.

As per Latino Review.

Latino-Review.com head honcho Kellvin Chavez went out and found out and according to trusted sources, the “rumor”, yes I said rumor going around Marvel Studios is that they want…

…YOU READY FOR THIS COOL KIDS…

…JOSEPH GORDON LEVITT!

joseph-gordon-levitt

BOOM!

Now at press time, we are not saying that an offer has been made, that talks have even engaged and who knows, Levitt and his team are probably unaware, BUT we are hearing that Marvel execs internally are discussing that Levitt is who they figure would be ideal.

Based upon what I know of the story details, an awesome choice. Levitt’s career is on absolute FIRE at the moment, his directorial debut Don Jon drops later this fall, and he is the right age (32). In the current draft of the -script by Oppenheimer and Donnelly, the Sorcerer Supreme is written for someone in their early 30s. Levitt has both the charm and also the swagger the -script currently demands. That and the fact that Levitt is one of the more likeable actors in town.

Again, an awesome casting choice, and in my book just the right pedigree of actor that Marvel usually goes for.

I hope Marvel gets him because that would indeed be very dope!

http://latino-review.com/2013/07/15/comic-con-2013-exclusive-marvel-doctor-strange/

Absolutely perfect fit. I love the thought of him as a younger Dr. Strange.

As the article says, the -script was apparently written for someone in their early 30s.

And Marvel could steal away the thunder from DC before they try and make him Nightwing...

...And Marvel could steal away the thunder from DC before they try and make him Nightwing...

I'm thinking that could be a significant driving force in this rumor.

If he's in his early 30s, Dr. Strange would just be finishing up his Residency. I'd rather have the role written for somebody with a little more life experience to account for the abandonment of the profession and the taking up of the Mystical Arts.

...And Marvel could steal away the thunder from DC before they try and make him Nightwing...

I'm thinking that could be a significant driving force in this rumor.

I'd hope not its not like the guy is Tom cruise, bradd Pitt......he's a good actor for sure but to cast someone out of spite and he doesn't fit the character that well....seems like a c block move to me. Gotta be better suited for strange I actually think an actor by the name of Peter facinelli is perfect for strange and he's dating lady sif to figure :D

If he's in his early 30s, Dr. Strange would just be finishing up his Residency. I'd rather have the role written for somebody with a little more life experience to account for the abandonment of the profession and the taking up of the Mystical Arts.

Good point. This is only rumor at this point, so it's all conjecture...

And please don't ever mix anyone from the Twilight abomination with our Marvel universe!

Hospital_Scene2.jpg

I like it. True, I usually picture Dr. Strange as being a bit older - in his early 40's - but if they are going for a younger, origin story version of the character, this seem like it could be a good fit.

Some of the other names people are suggesting in this thread, on the other hand, skew too old, especially when the likelihood of years and years of sequels comes into play. Tom Cruise, Viggo Mortensen, Brad Pitt, Johnny Depp - these guys are all in their 50's or will be before this movie gets made. They are just too old.

I do kind of like the Joaquin Phoenix suggestion though. He's definitely got the intensity Dr. Strange needs to make the magic stuff feel real.

Good point. This is only rumor at this point, so it's all conjecture...

And please don't ever mix anyone from the Twilight abomination with our Marvel universe!

Hospital_Scene2.jpg

Haha I'm talking about his look and roles outside of twilight. Never seen the movie so I didn't know he was in it.

I agree.

I thought the Joaquin Phoenix suggestion was inspired. He could do the facial hair.

Danny Trejo needs to play Dr. Strange..Got the dark hair and looks tough.

Don't know how you'd work around that heavy accent. hm

Not sure which accent I ever thought Dr. Strange had. NYC? Frasier? Boston? Although I did think his voice to be fairly low.

millions of british and Australian actors fake American accents all day long. Trejo is an American, he should be able to pull off a 'standard American' accent with some training. ON a side note, I just learned that Trejo is a convicted murderer, so there's that....