• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pre- Hero Marvels!!!!
16 16

15,029 posts in this topic

I haven't chased this run at all really and I've already posted two of the three (9 & 11) different issues I have from this run. This is the only other issue I have from the run and for whatever reason, I have three of them (well, I HAVE always loved this Kirby cover!!!)!!! Oh and @bc, below is what I usually end up with as a reader (they ARE usually cheaper). (thumbsu

World of Fantasy 19 6.5 c-ow.jpg

World of Fantasy 19 raw.jpg

On 7/20/2023 at 2:41 PM, Frisco Larson said:

AWESOME!!! I keep forgetting, is it the last 4 or 3 that are considered by most to be part of the PHM set?  (shrug)

If you're getting technical, it's15-19 (the last issues of the title) . #15 has a Kirby cover, but really 18 & 19 are the start of the monster era.

-bc

On 7/20/2023 at 1:48 PM, bc said:

If you're getting technical, it's15-19 (the last issues of the title) . #15 has a Kirby cover, but really 18 & 19 are the start of the monster era.

-bc

I just keep forgetting which is usually considered as the first issue of the PHM... and I keep forgetting the exact count, it's something like 163 or something around that. A long time friend has been collecting the PHM books for decades and has almost every one of them! I, on the other hand,  need a ton of them!!! 

I've always thought this was a cool little run and wondered why it ended, you know, beyond the obvious conclusion that it may not have sold well. Any actual insight on the topic gang? What's not to love? Kirby back at the company, drawing cover duties! Ditko, Kirby, Powell & Heck on the inside! Seems like a home run to me! 

Strange Worlds 1 6.0 ow-w front.jpg

On 7/20/2023 at 9:02 PM, Frisco Larson said:

Love it!!! See??? They should've kept this run going!!!  :headbang:

I think they killed it to focus on the Big 4 (JIM, ST, TTA & TOS) during the time IND supposedly limited them to 8 titles per month.

-bc