• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pre- Hero Marvels!!!!
16 16

15,029 posts in this topic

On 10/17/2023 at 6:07 PM, bc said:

Yep, we claim TTA 27 as a PHM (thumbsu

Very nice group shot!

-bc

True, TTA 27 is a Pre Hero Marvel, but it is also a hero book. 

These two aspects of its personality waged a war in the book's psyche, until an inevitable break. 

Dissociative identity disorder, previously called multiple personality disorder, is usually a reaction to trauma as a way to help a person/comic book avoid bad memories. (I can only hypothesize that Astonish 27 was greatly impacted by Stan taking credit for the PHM genre.)

Treatment is talk therapy. (Sooo...Ant-Man; tell me about your mother.)

On 10/18/2023 at 8:50 AM, KirbyJack said:

True, TTA 27 is a Pre Hero Marvel, but it is also a hero book. 

These two aspects of its personality waged a war in the book's psyche, until an inevitable break. 

Dissociative identity disorder, previously called multiple personality disorder, is usually a reaction to trauma as a way to help a person/comic book avoid bad memories. (I can only hypothesize that Astonish 27 was greatly impacted by Stan taking credit for the PHM genre.)

Treatment is talk therapy. (Sooo...Ant-Man; tell me about your mother.)

Don't be shy Tell me about your mother - Inappropriate Freud - quickmeme

-bc

On 10/20/2023 at 9:20 AM, mysterio said:

Made it onto the boards for the first time in a long while and wanted to say hello to my favorite thread and its denizens. In the meantime I can also play along with the pedigree theme a bit. 

IMG_2547.jpeg

IMG_2548.jpeg

:headbang:

Glad you are doing okay and very nice books!

How's the JIM run coming along? Think you were down to just a few from your last update.

-bc