• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pre- Hero Marvels!!!!
16 16

15,027 posts in this topic

Another great series of pre-heroes, AF!

Double cover!

Double cover!

:o

(worship)

TTA10DC.jpg

Double cover!

Double cover!

(worship)

TTA10DC.jpg

lol Twice the fun!!

lol Twice the fun!!

Really nice books. (worship) Those were a great run of books, and the fun stories to boot.

DRX

Korvac Saga, I was going through Dale's thread thinking, 'these'd look really good with my raw set.' But never even had the chance to pull the trigger. You'd already bought them! Excellent acquisitions at reasonable prices, too.

Double cover!

Double cover!

(worship)

TTA10DC.jpg

lol Twice the fun!!

lol Twice the fun!!

:blush: I like double covers.

The Ditko story in that issue is particularly good, IIRC. In the early issues of the pre-hero books he did quite a bit of detailed feathering compared to his much simpler approach during his run on Spidey.

This is a great looking 8.0 from the scan -- gorgeous spine for such a dark cover.

TOS18.jpg

Korvac Saga, I was going through Dale's thread thinking, 'these'd look really good with my raw set.' But never even had the chance to pull the trigger. You'd already bought them! Excellent acquisitions at reasonable prices, too.

I got lucky that day + came home early to find those beauties in Dale's thread.

An itchy trigger finger ensued + the rest is history. You probably already know this, but your raw preheros are the envy of most of us monster lovers. :cloud9:

Just incredible books!! (worship)

Double cover!

Double cover!

(worship)

TTA10DC.jpg

lol Twice the fun!!

lol Twice the fun!!

:blush: I like double covers.

The Ditko story in that issue is particularly good, IIRC. In the early issues of the pre-hero books he did quite a bit of detailed feathering compared to his much simpler approach during his run on Spidey.

Just took a look at that story, "Something Lurks Inside". Love Ditko's approach there, reminds me of classic EC sci fi, a little like Wally Wood.

This is a great looking 8.0 from the scan -- gorgeous spine for such a dark cover.

TOS18.jpg

Book is impossible in grade + this is the HGC. Also features a rare grey monster, instead of all the orange + brown creatures that seem to dominate.