• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pre- Hero Marvels!!!!
16 16

15,029 posts in this topic

Korvac you are a machine. (worship) How many issues left on the want list?

Too many!! :P In the next Clink auction alone there's plenty. I'm definite on the ST #90 + TOS #8. Wouldn't mind the ST #81 + 82 either. Heck, who really needs BOTH kidneys? (shrug)

Nice pick-ups, korvac!

Here's a book I hadn't scanned before.

ST93.jpg

Oh my so purdy. :cloud9:

Yeah, great book except some knucklehead went ahead + wrote the year on the book in pen!!! IN PEN!! What kind of sick misanthrope goes + does that to a perfectly good comic?!?!? I mean, imagine if you had a smokin' ASM #1, I mean SMOKING, like say a 9.6. Now imagine writing a "63" on the cover like this baby strangler did!! :o :o :o :o I know its not quite the equivalent as genocide, but high war crimes? I think so.................................................................................

Yeah, great book except some knucklehead went ahead + wrote the year on the book in pen!!! IN PEN!! What kind of sick misanthrope goes + does that to a perfectly good comic?!?!? I mean, imagine if you had a smokin' ASM #1, I mean SMOKING, like say a 9.6. Now imagine writing a "63" on the cover like this baby strangler did!! :o :o :o :o I know its not quite the equivalent as genocide, but high war crimes? I think so.................................................................................

I'm really just a foster parent for misused and neglected comics. Send me more like these poor unfortunate ones and I'll give them a good home too. :foryou:

I'm really just a foster parent for misused and neglected comics. Send me more like these poor unfortunate ones and I'll give them a good home too. :foryou:

adamstrange's home for misfit comics? Sir, you do us honor!! (worship)

Strange...I think the same knucklehead also wrote on my comic as well..the nerve!

WOF_17.jpg

I really like Kirby's robot on that cover!

This smokin' lil' Doc Doom prototype ish was waiting for me when I came home:

TOS31.jpg

:applause:

Nice pickup! :applause:

For whatever reason my brain is just now registering that Kirby did a pretty good drawing of that car. hm

TOS31.jpg

For whatever reason my brain is just now registering that Kirby did a pretty good drawing of that car. hm

OMG!!! :o

All these books have me racing for the Census to check status...Unbelieveable copy!! XLNT pickup Rich...AGAIN! :sumo:

TOS31.jpg

The car + the buildings are especially detailed, but the faces of the people are not. They look like they were inked over a rough sketch + not "finished". Any idea who did the inking?

TOS31.jpg

The car + the buildings are especially detailed, but the faces of the people are not. They look like they were inked over a rough sketch + not "finished". Any idea who did the inking?

I just looked at my copy of this book. First page has Kirby and Ayers.

DRX

I have to chuckle everytime I see the "Doctor Doom" verbiage on this issue. The only thing this monster has in common with Victor Von D is the iron mask and nada else!

Also, I believe this was on the stands at the same time as FF#5 - as both have a July 62 cover date.

I have to chuckle everytime I see the "Doctor Doom" verbiage on this issue. The only thing this monster has in common with Victor Von D is the iron mask and nada else!

Also, I believe this was on the stands at the same time as FF#5 - as both have a July 62 cover date.

I notice that alot of the pre-hero monsters in these books never looked like what they appear on the cover. This issue has the monster almost looking like he has a green suit on. But inside, he's the typical Kirby,Ayers brownish orange.

DRX