• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pre- Hero Marvels!!!!
16 16

15,029 posts in this topic

The guide used to list an issue of Strange Tales as a prototype for The Thing until it was pointed out that FF #1 pre-dated it. I never bought too heavily into the whole prototype scenario.

You mean, this issue?

ST_95.jpg

Awesome splash page!

ST_95_splash.jpg

The guide used to list an issue of Strange Tales as a prototype for The Thing until it was pointed out that FF #1 pre-dated it. I never bought too heavily into the whole prototype scenario.

You mean, this issue?

ST_95.jpg

Awesome splash page!

ST_95_splash.jpg

I wonder if they argue with each other? (:

Maybe the Thing was a prototype for the 2 headed dude? :kidaround: Granted, the whole prototype concept is confused + abused. What it shows is that Kirby had certain design elements that he liked + repeated often (the many Thing-like monsters, Doom's face plate, etc) + Lee reused the same names up + down all over the place(Hulk, Magneto, Electro, Thorr/TTA #16, Uncle Ben, Aunt May, Sandman, Doctor Strange, etc, etc). Thankfully the Silver Age continues past the preheros or there would be no Marvel Comics as we know it + likely no comics at all. :eek::o:sick::P And WTF would I be spending $$ on then? A new car, a vacation, new computer, etc, etc.. BAH!!!! :sumo:

You mean, this issue?

ST_95.jpg

Awesome splash page!

ST_95_splash.jpg

I wonder if they argue with each other? (:

:gossip: Yes + the subject is: Is pressing restoration?

The guide used to list an issue of Strange Tales as a prototype for The Thing until it was pointed out that FF #1 pre-dated it.

So it was a posto-type. hm

Strange Tales 94 was also listed as a Thing prototype for a while, but was ammended for the same reason. The story has something to do with space pirates....and they were definitely composed of "Thing lumps".....as were quite a few of the pre hero monsters. Goom and Googam also fit the bill to a degree.GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Strange Tales 94 was also listed as a Thing prototype for a while, but was ammended for the same reason. The story has something to do with space pirates....and they were definitely composed of "Thing lumps".....as were quite a few of the pre hero monsters. Goom and Googam also fit the bill to a degree.GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Preeesenting...A parade of THING prototypes!

Anyone got more?

JIM_69.jpg

JIM_74.jpg

ST_90.jpg

ST_95.jpg

ST_98.jpg

ST_99.jpg

tta_16.jpg

tta_19.jpg

tta_20-1.jpg

TTA_25.jpg

tta_29.jpg

Don't think I've posted this one before.

ST81.jpg

Can someone please scan the image of page 11 from JIM 66 for me? Thanks

O.K. Ive got this issue and am looking at page 11 right now. What are we looking for here.? If you want me to scan it, it will take a while to upload it to photo bucket.

DRX

Can someone please scan the image of page 11 from JIM 66 for me? Thanks

This is one of my favorite covers. Hope this helps whatever your looking for.

DRX

CCF04302009_00000-1.jpg

journeyintomysterypage11-1.jpg

DRX

Edited by DRX