• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pre- Hero Marvels!!!!
16 16

15,029 posts in this topic

I used to skip the mainstream titles to get Where Monsters Dwell and the like when I was a kid....and there are still some I haven't read. I don't think I'll ever get tired of these.GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Hey did anyone noticed the 13-page original art Kirby panels for Tales of Suspense #23 coming up in the next Comiclink auction? :o Can you imagine something like this professionally framed side by side on a comic room wall. :cloud9:(worship)

Oh man, where's the drooling gremlin? :luhv::cloud9::takeit: After I (cough, cough!!) sell a FEW things..........

Just got this from Roy....awesome copy for a great price due to some writing on the back cover.Probably woulda been a 6.5 otherwise. GOD BLESS...

SW1-1.jpg

P.S. The writing was the lyrics to KUMBAYA....kinda cool.

Here's a few pre heros from the RJ Long collection....an original owner batch of about 2000 books that surfaced locally about 8 years ago. Nice books ....average is VF although there was an ASM 1 that snagged a 9.2 grade from CGC. GOD BLESS...

AF10.jpg

Edited by jimjum12

A friend of mine owns a comic store....this elderly man comes in with an apple crate full of old Lone Rangers and Roy Rogers in real decent shape.My friend looks at the books and says he can't offer too much because he doesn't have many buyers for that type of stuff. The man proceeds to tell him he has a couple thousand more books stored in hat boxes and apple crates...and brings them in and leaves them with my buddy to assess....2 thousand books from 1955 to 1964....AF 15, JIM 83, ASM 1, TOS 39, TTA 27, and loads of D.C.'s too.The guy wanted to sell to pay off some medical bills and my buddy was honest with him, telling him they were very valuable. They then worked out a consignment deal. Quite a few sold to some local collectors, some at auction(HERITAGE), and then Chris Foss bought the rest....mini runs of everything you could think of. I bought close to 50 books , OAAW, Pre Hero Marvels, Supes, MIS, and a couple early FF's and ASM's. The books had PQ ranging from C/OW to White with FULL gloss.GOD BLESS...

RJLONGCERT.jpg

AF14.jpg

I was allowed 9 months to pay off my books....but a lot were gone when I got there.If you're lucky enough to find them for sale, they're excellent candidates for pressing as many of their defects are non color breaking curls and folds. The books I just posted belong to a friend as I sold mine a few years ago...the last was an FF 13 that goldust40 has now. I should have kept my TTA 31,44, JIM 70, 78, OAAW 128, MIS 75, and Superman 158, as they all would have pressed out at 9.4. GOD BLESS...

scan0005.jpg

Beautiful books! Thanks for sharing the backstory.