• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pre- Hero Marvels!!!!
16 16

15,029 posts in this topic

Thanks, I've been collecting since 1962, and this is the tip of a 'largely' reader collection, some VF+, I think at last reckoning around 12000 Marvel and Atlas.

No DC however, I did daly a while with Superman and Green Lantern back in the late 1960s, but its always been Marvel first.

Did dip a toe in the Timely pool a few years ago, mainly Captain America, Mystic, etc. But since then, sold up to complete the Silver Age Marvels.

The only ones I haven't got are FF # 1 - 4, and Amazing Fantasy # 15, much like many of the folks on here...I can dream.

Cheers

Thanks, I've been collecting since 1962, and this is the tip of a 'largely' reader collection, some VF+, I think at last reckoning around 12000 Marvel and Atlas.

No DC however, I did daly a while with Superman and Green Lantern back in the late 1960s, but its always been Marvel first.

Did dip a toe in the Timely pool a few years ago, mainly Captain America, Mystic, etc. But since then, sold up to complete the Silver Age Marvels.

The only ones I haven't got are FF # 1 - 4, and Amazing Fantasy # 15, much like many of the folks on here...I can dream.

Cheers

The peer pressure will ultimately inspire you to acquire those missing beauties. WTTB and GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a fried of jesus) (thumbs u

scan0039.jpg

scan0037.jpg

AMFAN10.jpg

Wonderful pre-hero books! :cloud9:

Atlas books are great, too! There's a Silver Age War thread and those would fit right in.

It's been a while since I posted some of these. Thought they might go well with some of the awesome books being posted.

TTA13FC.jpg

TOS3FC.jpg

TalestoAstonish15.jpg

TalestoAstonish16.jpg

Thanks.

This is a nice friendly forum.

Silver Age Forum (thumbs u

Golden Age Forum (thumbs u

General Forum :sorry:

WTTB, Bombu! Thumbs up on the Man Comics #27. How many times do you see a rocket ship, a dancing raccoon, and a bunch of commies getting their butts kicked by pre-pubescent boys on a single cover? And don't fret about grade -- pound puppies often make the best pets!

:hi:

TTA001-EC.jpg

TTA002-EC.jpg

TTA003-EC.jpg

WTTB, Bombu! Thumbs up on the Man Comics #27. How many times do you see a rocket ship, a dancing raccoon, and a bunch of commies getting their butts kicked by pre-pubescent boys on a single cover? And don't fret about grade -- pound puppies often make the best pets!

:hi:

TTA001-EC.jpg

TTA002-EC.jpg

TTA003-EC.jpg

I've got an empty 3-ring binder those would fit nicely into... :devil:

Here's one with Tom's favorite PQ :insane:

TOS8001.jpg

OH S H I T ! Rich...that is a beauty...recent pickup? Beautiful! :headbang:

Man...I've got the same book only with some serious Marvel chipping chatter down the right edge...OK, risking ridicule, I'll show mine ( :gossip: you showed yours)

Seriously, the gloss and everything else about this cover in hand is pretty eye-popping... :tonofbricks:

TALESOFSUSPENSE8FN.jpg

It's been a while since I posted some of these. Thought they might go well with some of the awesome books being posted.

TTA13FC.jpg

TOS3FC.jpg

TalestoAstonish15.jpg

TalestoAstonish16.jpg

cheetah man...everytime you expose your books to me/us I get aroused...I mean impressed! Just beautiful books man! Hope we can meet some day and see some of those books in hand! I promise I'll be gentle with them... :headbang: