• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pre- Hero Marvels!!!!
16 16

15,029 posts in this topic

I've realize that I have a number of other books from this collection that I've never posted. Seems silly to waste their good looks on the inside of a box.

TTA04NGFC.jpg

TTA07NGFC.jpg

TTA06NGFC.jpg

Great Books. I'm glad you posted that Tales to Astonish #7. Something always struck me funny on that issue and I thought Id bring it up. The cover picture with the thing on Bald Mountain. In the inside story, theres nothing that even looks like that, let alone a castle with the head being on a rope. I always wondered if there was a different version of the cover or something and it got mixed up when it went to print. (shrug)

DRX

I've realize that I have a number of other books from this collection that I've never posted. Seems silly to waste their good looks on the inside of a box.

TTA04NGFC.jpg

TTA07NGFC.jpg

TTA06NGFC.jpg

Sweet books!!! Pre-hero's are :cloud9:

Great Books. I'm glad you posted that Tales to Astonish #7. Something always struck me funny on that issue and I thought Id bring it up. The cover picture with the thing on Bald Mountain. In the inside story, theres nothing that even looks like that, let alone a castle with the head being on a rope. I always wondered if there was a different version of the cover or something and it got mixed up when it went to print. (shrug)

DRX

I don't have that ish...awaiting Cheetah's answer... :popcorn:

TTA06NGFC.jpg

6 looks like an early Destroyer precurser/prototype pre JIM 118 cover no? :headbang:

DRX

You don't think I'm going to open these up and actually READ them, do you?

DRX

You don't think I'm going to open these up and actually READ them, do you?

Those are beautiful!

BTW. The man on the cover is the sculptor in the story,'The thing on Bald Mountain,' at the back of the book, named Anton Gorge. It is a story of statues he created coming to life and battling. Although, the actual statue was not in the comic per-se, it can easily be inferred to be one of his creations.

Korvac, you have assembled an awesome set of these books. I'm amazed at how many high grade copies you've managed to bring together. Have you gotten any of the books from Comic Book World?