• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pre- Hero Marvels!!!!
16 16

15,029 posts in this topic

Korvac, you have assembled an awesome set of these books. I'm amazed at how many high grade copies you've managed to bring together. Have you gotten any of the books from Comic Book World?

Thank you Sir!! Most of the books have come from online auctions from the usual suspects. Whether they originated from CBW, I don't know. Is that where you obtained some of your celebrated collection? I also bought about 10 books raw from Marnin Rosenberg, some of which have been graded(TTA #18,#31, TOS#26,

JIM#80) and some of which I'm waiting to get back from CGC.

These pre-hero marvels have always been one on my favorites to collect and read. I have a pretty decent collection of them but I have to bow down here (worship) to Cheetah and Korvac for some unbelievable books. I'm amazed that copies of these issues can still come back 8.5 and 9.0. So many had the dreaded Marvel chipping and pre-chipping on them. Great books guys.

DRX

These pre-hero marvels have always been one on my favorites to collect and read. I have a pretty decent collection of them but I have to bow down here (worship) to Cheetah and Korvac for some unbelievable books. I'm amazed that copies of these issues can still come back 8.5 and 9.0. So many had the dreaded Marvel chipping and pre-chipping on them. Great books guys.

DRX

I'm just happy one of my former books rests in Kovac's collection...I feel blessed... :cloud9:

Here is a run that is very underappreciated...WOF #18 is actually believed to be the first Kirby pre-hero monster cover..all hail XOM! First monster of the pre-hero age!

WOF_16.jpg

WOF_17.jpg

WOF_18.jpg

WOF_19.jpg

Those are WAY COOL! Are those Charlton? I'll have to look further into those... :headbang:

Here is a run that is very underappreciated...WOF #18 is actually believed to be the first Kirby pre-hero monster cover..all hail XOM! First monster of the pre-hero age!

Those are WAY COOL! Are those Charlton? I'll have to look further into those... :headbang:

CHARLTON??? These, sir, are ATLAS books...Charlton...INDEED!

CHARLTON??? These, sir, are ATLAS books...Charlton...INDEED!

OK...OK...I am embarassed and I stand corrected...ATLAS! doh!

DRX

I couldn't agree more. Great stories + art, fun to collect + a bastiche to locate in HG!! :P Thanks DRX!! (thumbs u

DRX

I'm just happy one of my former books rests in Kovac's collection...I feel blessed... :cloud9:

HG "pusher"!! :baiting:

DRX

I'm sure he just hates seeing you go through withdrawal when you can't get a fix. :whistle:

DRX

I'm sure he just hates seeing you go through withdrawal when you can't get a fix. :whistle:

Nah, he just points me towards the next auction :insane:

Thank you gentlemen!! Of course your refined tastes suggest a singular sophistication and erudition far surpassing the low born rabble who congest these boards. Now would someone be kind enough to pass me a Spider-man + Batman comic to light my cigar + blow my nose with?

Thank you gentlemen!! Of course your refined tastes suggest a singular sophistication and erudition far surpassing the low born rabble who congest these boards. Now would someone be kind enough to pass me a Spider-man + Batman comic to light my cigar + blow my nose with?

Reminds me of a live performance of Jeffrey Lee Pierce (R.I.P.) of the Gun Club when he said in between songs..."talkin' 'bout Religion!"

Reminds me of a live performance of Jeffrey Lee Pierce (R.I.P.) of the Gun Club when he said in between songs..."talkin' 'bout Religion!"

Would love to hear it!! Link or title? :popcorn:

Very attractive copies!

JIM63.jpg