• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pre- Hero Marvels!!!!
16 16

15,029 posts in this topic

lol

My only reluctance is that this is the only thread I post in where anyone actually responds! Where would I post if I gave them all away!

I'd definitely give you guys first chance.

lol

My only reluctance is that this is the only thread I post in where anyone actually responds! Where would I post if I gave them all away!

I think if you did part with books like those, you'd probably regret it. I know for sure that I would. Books like that in those grades just dont pop up to often. I think this is one my favorite threads. Its making me want to go read my Masterworks Astonish, and Suspense. I just never get enough of those short pre-hero stories.

DRX

lol

I think if you did part with books like those, you'd probably regret it. I know for sure that I would. Books like that in those grades just dont pop up to often. I think this is one my favorite threads. Its making me want to go read my Masterworks Astonish, and Suspense. I just never get enough of those short pre-hero stories.

DRX

Those 3 to 5 page stories are so complete + satisfying. :luhv: And when Jack + Stan later branch out into those longer stories, they take on an epic quality. A joy to behold!!

Those 3 to 5 page stories are so complete + satisfying. :luhv: And when Jack + Stan later branch out into those longer stories, they take on an epic quality. A joy to behold!!

Thats all it took to make those a great read. Every panel had a distinct part of the story, wether it was the art the character lines. It was just enough to keep you totally focused for a few pages. And all those monster hands and arms Kirby drew, always looked like were reaching out of the pages.Ahhhhh the good old days, when a comic was worth plopping down a dime or twelve cents of lawn cutting dough.

DRX

Edited by DRX

Cheetah

You have a bunch of HG pre hero TTA and TOS ungraded :cloud9:

One or two! Or 3-17.

I'm missing one or two of those. hm

Or more! lol

KC frickin outstanding books as always. :applause: How about a master list of what you need to complete the TTA's because you seem to add 3 a week, we can all have fun counting them down. (worship) I love that #63, was eye balling the White Mountain copy coming up in the next C-Link auction.

Thanks SS!! I know it seems like 3 a week, but I still have about half the TTA preheros to go. When I get close, you'll know ;) Yes, that WM JIM #63 is nice, but AS's copy is just stunning!! Haven't seen that one in person yet......... :baiting:

I haven't even scanned all my pre-heros. :blush:

KC frickin outstanding books as always. :applause: How about a master list of what you need to complete the TTA's because you seem to add 3 a week, we can all have fun counting them down. (worship) I love that #63, was eye balling the White Mountain copy coming up in the next C-Link auction.

Interesting. I was not aware of a duplicate on that issue.

JIM63-3.jpg

Tales From the Black Lagoon came out in 1954 ( :gossip: the year I was born, albeit on the last day...)...this book came out in December 1960...to me the minute I first saw this cover I felt was Kirby's homage to the movie and the creature...

Creature_Frm_The_Black_Lag20poster2.jpg

trmoore54

Reminds me of a live performance of Jeffrey Lee Pierce (R.I.P.) of the Gun Club when he said in between songs..."talkin' 'bout Religion!"

You're not an ex Punk rocker surely.......

I used to appreciate 'X' and the Blasters for what its worth.

Alan

I'm going to see X and Maria McKee at the Orange County Fair in a couple of weeks...I'm not an X-anything...I'm an engager of all things artistic and music is certainly one of my varied interests...there's a strong connection between the Blasters, Dave Alvin and John Doe...I'm a real fan of real music... :headbang:

Thats all it took to make those a great read. Every panel had a distinct part of the story, wether it was the art the character lines. It was just enough to keep you totally focused for a few pages. And all those monster hands and arms Kirby drew, always looked like were reaching out of the pages.Ahhhhh the good old days, when a comic was worth plopping down a dime or twelve cents of lawn cutting dough.

DRX

It is a direct valid comparison I believe, in terms of literature, of the short story vs the novel...and I'm a big believer in both...love the short story when it's nailed (as most of these definitely were) and love the novel...when I have a little more time... :headbang:

Interesting. I was not aware of a duplicate on that issue.

JIM63-3.jpg

Tales From the Black Lagoon came out in 1954 ( :gossip: the year I was born, albeit on the last day...)...this book came out in December 1960...to me the minute I first saw this cover I felt was Kirby's homage to the movie and the creature...

Creature_Frm_The_Black_Lag20poster2.jpg

Good eyes Tom! (thumbs u The Creature was always a fave!! :headbang: