• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pre- Hero Marvels!!!!
16 16

15,029 posts in this topic

Here's the best one.

TOS1FC.jpg

Unfreakin' real!!! (worship) (worship) Just took a quick look at the census: the HGC's are 2 7.5's. I think its safe to say this one's a LITTLE nicer than that. Just beautiful :cloud9:

cheetah-man...you showed this book some time ago and I told you this has got to be the HG-ed issue EZ...your move brotha...send that bad-boy in... ( :gossip: you can always crack it back out and back into a Mylite 2...or if you ever decide to sell...the sky's the limit... :headbang:

JIM63-3.jpg

When you look at the quality of the ungraded books that are around, it makes me wonder what the census will look like in 10 years.

JIM63-3.jpg

When you look at the quality of the ungraded books that are around, it makes me wonder what the census will look like in 10 years.

I'm pretty confident my books won't have an impact on the census. :)

Here's the best one.

TOS1FC.jpg

Unfreakin' real!!! (worship) (worship) Just took a quick look at the census: the HGC's are 2 7.5's. I think its safe to say this one's a LITTLE nicer than that. Just beautiful :cloud9:

cheetah-man...you showed this book some time ago and I told you this has got to be the HG-ed issue EZ...your move brotha...send that bad-boy in... ( :gossip: you can always crack it back out and back into a Mylite 2...or if you ever decide to sell...the sky's the limit... :headbang:

That is an exceptionally nice copy of TOS #1...great Don Heck cover! Dont slab it...keep it free, the way Stan ment it to be!

TOS_01.jpg

I have the following pre hero white mountain books

TTA 13 9.4

TTA 21 7.5

TTA 24 9.2

TTA 25 8.5

TTA 33 9.0

TOS 9 8.5

TOS 20 8.0

ST 78 9.2

ST 94 8.0

ST 96 7.5

JIM 58 8.5

JIM 70 8.5

My friend who likes to be private has 7 of them TTAx4 STx1 and JIMx2-I'm working on a deal now to acquire them :wishluck:

Heritage sold a ST 73 8.0 and a JIM 80 7.5, but I don't know who has them.

There is a JIM 63 9.0 in the upcoming comiclink auction

And Adam Strange has a bunch I think over 20 if I remember. You can see his if you go back some pages.

Anyone else?

Does anyone what happened to the Pre-hero Marvels from the White Mountain collection. I remember reading in the Comicbook Monthly update that they sold for 6 x guide but it never said who to.

They were not sold all at one time and I don't recall the story in CB Monthly but if you provide the issue date or some notes from it I may be able to provide more info.

Here are some of the ones that have made it into my hands (2 are not WMs).

PreHeroGroupsmallish.jpg

Those are the nicest books in the entire world. (worship)

Someone complained around here on a thread about the mis-use and abuse of the term "awesome"...well, my apologies but those books are AWESOME! :headbang:

Someone complained around here on a thread about the mis-use and abuse of the term "awesome"...well, my apologies but those books are AWESOME! :headbang:

Sweet Georgia Brown!! :takeit:

I keep hearing how there are no exceptional copies of these books. Seems hard to believe when you look at this thread. Museum quality books right there.

Sweet Georgia Brown!! :takeit:

Thanks, guys! It took a while to put those and my others together and it wouldn't have happened without the assistance of a few friends and large dose of luck.

I keep hearing how there are no exceptional copies of these books. Seems hard to believe when you look at this thread.
Since there's no WM List (until the Pedigree Book comes out :juggle: ) not that many folks knew that these were around. The pre-hero's have always had a reputation for being difficult to find and that definitely fits my experience. More copies will show up, but I never expect there to be very many of any of the issues in high grade.

Museum quality books right there.

I know of another "cat" that has a book or two that might fit that description. :whistle:

Does anyone what happened to the Pre-hero Marvels from the White Mountain collection. I remember reading in the Comicbook Monthly update that they sold for 6 x guide but it never said who to.

They were not sold all at one time and I don't recall the story in CB Monthly but if you provide the issue date or some notes from it I may be able to provide more info.

Here are some of the ones that have made it into my hands (2 are not WMs).

PreHeroGroupsmallish.jpg

It's hard to imagine...but when the WM's surfaced ,the pre heros weren't all that popular...and were very cheap in the guide. A hundred bucks could pick up a REAL nice copy of most. When I first started collecting them in the early 90's I was snagging solid fines for 25 to 30 bucks a pop...but they were hard to find. They still are in fine or better. Even though Stan recycled the same 3 or 4 stories over and over, I still love finding one that I haven't read. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u